UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was outside putting guinea pigs to bed in the shed, much later than usual. I could hear faint miaows so called my neighbour and said one of her cats must be in her shed. She said hers were fine and shed door had been closed for over a week but she would check to give me peace of mind.A poor cat bolted out :mecry: he/she just ran so hope its ok and gets home. Poor bugger must be so skinny and dehydrated :mecry:

Does anyone cook Yorkshire puddings? I made them a few weeks ago for first time and while we enjoyed them, we thought they were a bit bland. Are they supposed to taste a bit bland or is there a way of flavouring them up a bit with herbs maybe?

They are a bit bland I suppose. Usually people serve them with gravy, white sauce with onion, or if eaten as a dessert, jam sauce, raspberry vinegar or golden syrup. Herbs might be a nice new slant on the traditional YP but I don't think it will catch on in Yorkshire.

Poor cat in shed, hope it gets home OK. :mecry: Its people must have been very worried.

Was outside putting guinea pigs to bed in the shed, much later than usual. I could hear faint miaows so called my neighbour and said one of her cats must be in her shed. She said hers were fine and shed door had been closed for over a week but she would check to give me peace of mind.A poor cat bolted out :mecry: he/she just ran so hope its ok and gets home. Poor bugger must be so skinny and dehydrated :mecry:

Awww at least the cat is out now and hopefully safely home :flowers: :GroupHug:

They are a bit bland I suppose. Usually people serve them with gravy, white sauce with onion, or if eaten as a dessert, jam sauce, raspberry vinegar or golden syrup. Herbs might be a nice new slant on the traditional YP but I don't think it will catch on in Yorkshire.

Thanks Owl. I was thinking of buying a packet to see if they tasted the same as mine lol. We had them with roast beef and gravy few weeks ago. I was too busy playing on the Wii with Andy while hubby was making dinner today, so yorkshire puds were forgotten about :laugh:

OH took dogs out late this morning and saw an old dog walking buddy alone, he lost his oldie retreiver 2 months ago. :mecry:

Poor guy said he came out because he felt so alone, he asked my OH if I would help him find a new doggie companion for him. He doesn't want a young dog,so I'm now scouring rescues for oldie retrievers/labs for him. :)

Morning :wavey: Max wanted out at 5am, so I let all the dogs out then went back to bed alone and had a lie in, hence why I'm late this morning.

Lizzie : poor man, but hopefully he will be able to give a good home to an oldie soon. Obvious one I know, but have you tried the Oldie Club website? :flowers:

Poor kitty in shed, hopefully it is home and it's owner is very relieved :GroupHug:

Lizzie, thats so sad but lovely that he wants another dog :flowers:

I'm just hoping the cat is fine today, i've been so worried about it. If i hadnt been late putting pigs to bed noone would have known it was there. I should imagine another few days and it would have been too late :unsure: Only good thing is we've had so much rain it'll find plenty to drink now its out but hoping its home now.

Does anyone cook Yorkshire puddings? I made them a few weeks ago for first time and while we enjoyed them, we thought they were a bit bland. Are they supposed to taste a bit bland or is there a way of flavouring them up a bit with herbs maybe?

I put garlic and sage in my mix. just don't forget you've put it in the mix and make pancakes with the leftovers <vom> never made that mistake twice :laugh:

Poor kitty :(

:wavey:

Stormy weather on Thursday knocked out our internet until yesterday :angry:

My scan went fine and there's only one little critter in there, thank gawd! All looks ok.

OH has gone up a mountain with the dogs today so I have a day to myself...and I have to tidy and clean the flat :rolleyes:

I put garlic and sage in my mix.

Might try that. Thanks :flowers:

Glad scan went well Abby. I remember looking forward to first scan and hoping there was only one as hubby's father is a twin. I understand your relief :laugh:

I am awaiting an appointment for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy :unsure: . While I am not looking forward to it, I wish they would hurry up so I could get it over with and start curing my ailments.

Hope poorly people are starting to feel better :GroupHug:

OH took dogs out late this morning and saw an old dog walking buddy alone, he lost his oldie retreiver 2 months ago. :mecry:

Poor guy said he came out because he felt so alone, he asked my OH if I would help him find a new doggie companion for him. He doesn't want a young dog,so I'm now scouring rescues for oldie retrievers/labs for him. :)

Poor man, we all know that big space that our dogs leave behind them.

Try Irish Retriever Rescue - they don't have any oldies on their website at the moment , but they do keep a list of potential owners and contact them when a suitable dog becomes available, so the dogs don't always reach the website.

http://www.irishretrieverrescue.com/contactus.html