UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous owners of our house altered the bathroom, so now the bath waste pipe is miles away from the drainpipe, but is connected to it by a rickety piece of plastic piping. The wind (presumably) blew it down this morning..or possibly a fly landed on it...anyway, there it was on the ground. I balanced very precariously on our not quite high enough stepladder to try to put it back. It bounced out again, hit me on the nose, dislodged a bit of brickwork that landed in my eye, and I hurt my knee against the wall because it made me jump! the blasted thing can stay off until OH gets home! He hates heights, this should be fun :rolleyes:

It's scan day, it's scan day :pinkie:

Hope all went well :flowers:

I went to work, dog walked, did the school run and have just had hot chocolate and put jacket potatoes in the oven cos I am going back out for a haircut now, I hate going to the hairdresser :rolleyes: And I have promised my friend I will go to a Zumba class with her tonight :unsure: :huh:

Hope the scan went well Abby :flowers:

I spent this morning writing unit and integration tests, which is quite possibly the most tedious job ever mellow.gif I had the afternoon off, for an exciting trip to the hospital to have a mole removed wacko.gif Am now back home with the dogs and some hot chocolate, looking forward to a nice evening in.

I am taking Jake to my friend's new house tonight. Her OH of 25 years has decided they are splitting up and has made her move out :ohmy:

She's really cut up about it, as you would expect. But I will have to watch my tongue and not say what I really think. He's treated her shamefully, been a complete fanny rat for many years, to-ing and fro-ing between her and other women and has her running about after him from dawn to dusk. He was going away once and left her a note that started 'I leave for XXX with a heavy heart....'. He'd have been leaving for XXX with a fecking great lump on the back of his head if he'd been married to me.

I am taking Jake to my friend's new house tonight. Her OH of 25 years has decided they are splitting up and has made her move out :ohmy:

She's really cut up about it, as you would expect. But I will have to watch my tongue and not say what I really think. He's treated her shamefully, been a complete fanny rat for many years, to-ing and fro-ing between her and other women and has her running about after him from dawn to dusk. He was going away once and left her a note that started 'I leave for XXX with a heavy heart....'. He'd have been leaving for XXX with a fecking great lump on the back of his head if he'd been married to me.

He'd have found the locks changed when he got back if it were me, the fecker :mad:

well, here's one version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7DyRjtWRc

That looks like fabulous fun, right up my street. Might see if I can find one locally.

RMF : Anne Widdecombe is on Strictly It Takes Two at the moment and she is irritating me, I want to slap the screen every time she comes on :mad:

I finally gave in today and paid my deposit for the Christmas party on 3rd December. I can't remember the last time I went out, at least 18 months ago. I got nagged into going by some of the girls at work, so hopefully it will be good fun.