UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Elsa Has Gone To The Rainbow Bridge.

Kathyw

Many of you already know from facebook but I wanted to post on here for those who don't know.

Elsa was diagnosed with Lymphoma awhile ago and I did not want to put her through chemo as she had lots of other health issues - the prognosis was 2/3 weeks.

I took Elsa to the RVC and they put Elsa on steroids and it gave Elsa freedom from pain and a large appetite!

Elsa spent every day outside on her sunbed and had most of her meals (chicken) al fresco.

she watched the world go by and only got up to say hello to passing doglets.

But on Friday 2nd July, 2010 Elsa's tongue darkened and i phoned the college, they said to bring Elsa asap. I just thought they would give her meds.

It was a very hot day and Elsa was panting but she did this all the time as it was a side effect of the steroids.

Her body temp was normal - they were expecting it to be high - this meant something else was causing the darkened tongue.

Vet said the cancer had probably reached Elsa's lungs and she was not getting enough oxygen so the decision was made to end Elsa's suffering.

My beautiful girl left this world as she had lived in it, quietly and without any fuss.

She was a very special girl and my thanks go to Carol and HWAR for trusting me with this wonderful dog.

Also to Sarah H (Elsa's foster mum) and Wendy for bringing this treasure to me and Tobie who came to be with us the day Elsa joined our family.

Adieu sweet girl - love and miss you till we meet again.