UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Daughter Was On The Bus That Crashed In South Africa...

Brenda

This is just to let everyone know that my darling lovely daughter Rachel was in the bus that crashed in South Africa. It is on the news. Rach is okay, she was the only one wearng a seatbelt and has abdo pains, probably from the belt, she has had an x-ray and is okay. I have spoken to her. She has been trasnferred to another hospital and will be kept in overnight. Two of her friends have died, they won't tell them who yet. She is due home on Saturday, we may go out to S Africa if necessary. This is such a shock and I haven't stopped shaking. :cry: Terrible, terrible thing to happen. She was on safari as part of her course in Animal Welfare & Management.

How absolutely terrifying for you to hear such news, Brenda. Thank heavens Rachel is OK. Although I know it will be incredibly hard to her to come to terms with the loss of her friends.

Healing thoughts for those injured, and loving thoughts to the families of those who lost their lives.

Diane

Rachel has just rung me and said she has now been discharged from hospital and they have found them a hotel for the night. She has been in a lot of abdominal pain and they were concerned that she may have had internal bleeding. She has now had a CT scan of her head and pelvis, blood & urine tests and all were clear. She was on a morphine drip for the pain, but now has strong painkillers to take.

Apparently she was at the back of the bus where all 3 students were that died and when the bus overturned she was dangling by her seat belt. She managed to free herself and climb out of a broken window. The lad that died was screaming and she tried to help him.....

She hopes to fly home tomorrow. Poor girl, what a horrific experience, she was good friends with the lad who died. So terrible. :cry: