UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Three Weeks Ago....

Wendbert

I gave up smoking :biggrin:

Apart from a slight blip the day Sir H left us, I have gone from 20 a-day to none a day :cool: I've not been posting much lately as sitting down with the laptop was one of the times I'd smoke the most, so I'm trying to break habits.

I have been determined not to put on any weight so I've been doing loads of walking with the dogs, power-walking at least 2 miles each evening :wacko:

Since I last bought cigarettes I have saved over £120 :ohmy:

So, although I'm not posting much, I am popping in now and then and thinking of everyone, especially poorly pets and Fugee's :flowers:

Thanks everyone :flowers:

I've got the patches from the nurse, which have helped enormously but I think in the end, I just got myself so focused that I set a date and stopped.

I have tried to change bits of my routine, avoiding all the times when I would be smoking and I have a widget on my laptop and work PC which shows the days/hours/minutes since I gave up and also how much money I have saved.

Part of the reason to give up was the cost, which is a stupid amount to be burning away each week, let alone the impact on my health. I have been treating myself to one new nail polish a week from the Spa at work :wink:

Huge well done to you. As one who fails miserably every time I try I have the utmost respect and admiration for you :flowers: (once you've finished with your willpower please send it on to me :laugh: )

I echo what Eve said. I'll have a bit of that willpower too if there's any left over.

Good on ya Wendy :bigsmiley:

Well done Wendy, as someone who has tried many times to give up I know how hard those early weeks are flowers.gifflowers.gif

I'm building myself up for another attempt, so will take your success as inspiration biggrin.gif