UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owl, Patchy is doing as well as can be expected. He is still critical and the vets says even if he looks OK it is tragically possible with all that he has been through that he could pass away in his sleep in these next ten days. It appears that he may never have seen daylight. His eyes have that bluish colour and he finds it hard to adjust to light, although he is not blind. It is also clear that he has not seen much of the outside world and is truely staggered at new smells, noises and sight. Apparently the clouds in the sky alone fascinate him! Please keep your fingers crossed for this little boy, it would be so cruel for him not to get the opportunity of the loving home he deservesmecry.gif flowers.gif

I so hope he pulls through, his new life is just around the corner, it would be tragic for him to not get the chance to see what life can be Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

hi all ive been up to my eyes in court cases seizures and reports the last few days so :GroupHug: to those who need them and :biglaugh: at helens g string.

if theres any positive thoughts going our henry could do with some, hes been up all night pacing and his face is drooping more than usual on the side that he lost use of when he had his stroke a couple of years ago so my guess is hes had another :(

hes sleeping now and ive phoned vet who said let him rest as thats whats most important and if hes still wobbly and confused when he wakes up to bring him straight over

hes almost 17 1/2 now and i know im going to lose him sometime soon but id really rather it wasnt now :mecry:

Masses of " be well " thoughts for Henry Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I think I may have been jumping the gun with Ben, the antacids have improved his interest in food, but he won't touch anything unless it's cut up small, but he quite happily demolished that huge chew he and Daisy had yesterday, although he didn't eat any of it, he was quite happy to just chew and gob, he's not ill, surely if he had some sort of obstruction/ puncture in his throat, he'd be ill unsure.gif

RMF: embarrasing moment of the week.

I have been very lucky in recent times to not have one of the above for some while. I made up for this fact on Tuesday.

After leaping out of bed early and being desperate for a coffee and knowing we had no milk, it all went down hill from there.....

I arrive some minutes later at the local village shop, still with last nights mascara around my eyes but safe in the knowledge that the BO basher had be applied and teeth cleaned so I wasn't going to be too repugnant to anyone. Chatted away to a couple of locals about the state of the weather - good & sunny. Helped Mrs Muggins out of the door and found my milk and went to the cashier. Yes all was well with the world and a decent milky coffee was just round the corner now. Oh but hang on what's this?"Have you got a bit of toilet roll under your shoe?", asks the lovely cashier. "I don't think so", I reply. But then I look down and yes I do see something, which may have been daz white once but now was definately smog grey and is trailing along the floor, albeit only a short way. "Ah" I say, "it's a handkechief" (sp). Am still smiling at this point. I then bend down to remove said item and to my horror, my absolute horror, notice that it is not such an innocent item as a hanky BUT an old pair of white G-strings that must have got caught round my trainers as I hurriedly dressed *wibble*. I manage to keep at bay the hyperventilation, just and squeak out "nope just a hanky, as I said" and quickly scoop up said item and put it in my pocket, and leave, very, very rapidly for home... bl**dy marvellousrolleyes.gif

This made me laugh so much - thank you for that Helen flowers.gif laugh.gif

Re. Patchy, he had been locked in a crate, starved and left to lay down in his own urine and faecesmad.gif . This is what has turned the fur on his legs orange. On Tuesday some kind local person found out about him and offered to take him off their hands ad got in contact with the rescue. Thank goodness they did as apparently he was close to death being very dehydrated and malnourished.

I hope the bastards that did this to him rot in hell. Feckin arseholes mad.gif

Owl, Patchy is doing as well as can be expected. He is still critical and the vets says even if he looks OK it is tragically possible with all that he has been through that he could pass away in his sleep in these next ten days. It appears that he may never have seen daylight. His eyes have that bluish colour and he finds it hard to adjust to light, although he is not blind. It is also clear that he has not seen much of the outside world and is truely staggered at new smells, noises and sight. Apparently the clouds in the sky alone fascinate him! Please keep your fingers crossed for this little boy, it would be so cruel for him not to get the opportunity of the loving home he deservesmecry.gif flowers.gif

I am sending lots of positive thoughts for Patchy mecry.gifwub.gif

Also sending lots of postive thoughts for Henry flowers.gif

Oodles of positive thoughts for Henry and Patchy :GroupHug:

RMF: Soggy Saturday here :rolleyes: We're meeting our friend Tracey and her 4 Labs later for a walk. Sir H will be overjoyed to see his Lucy - the pair of them won't walk but will have some quality time together in Tracey's van while the rest of us walk :wub:

Loads and loads of positive thoughts coming for Patchy, Henry & Ben Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

My weekend can now start - I have finished this months magazine and sent it off to the printers - yet again despite my having sent out templates set up with the correct layout and text formatting 2 of the villages "did their own thing" meaning I had to completely redo their pages arrrgggggg ah well tis done now thankfully smile.gif

RMF: shift F3 is my bestest friend today laugh.gif

More good thoughts for Patchy, Henry and Ben.

I so hope Patchy gets his chance at a good life. Strange how some dogs' stories touch you even more than the many others you hear and read about. I can't stop thinking about that little boy and willing him to get through this. I'm not that violent a person but I would get great satisfaction to be able to torture the person or people who did this to him and then let them die very slowly and painfully.

I'm feeling very melancholic today and have no idea why

I hope the bastards that did this to him rot in hell. Feckin arseholes mad.gif

Couldn't have put it better myselfglare.gif

I'm not that violent a person but I would get great satisfaction to be able to torture the person or people who did this to him and then let them die very slowly and painfully.

and ditto that.

Hope your day picks upflowers.gif this horrid, grey weather never helps either.

Thinking of you Melf and your gorgeous oldie Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Helen I am keeping everything crossed that Patchy makes a full recovery and the boys are also crossing their tootsiepaws cos we would all love to see him in a loving home having the love and cuddles he so deserves Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Melf - sending tons of positive/healing thoughts for Henry and a Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for his worried mum.

I think I may have been jumping the gun with Ben, the antacids have improved his interest in food, but he won't touch anything unless it's cut up small, but he quite happily demolished that huge chew he and Daisy had yesterday, although he didn't eat any of it, he was quite happy to just chew and gob, he's not ill, surely if he had some sort of obstruction/ puncture in his throat, he'd be ill unsure.gif

Tis most odd by the sounds of it unsure.gif Could he have some sort of cyst of nodule inside his throat which maybe hurts when the food goes down? I hope you get to the bottom of it soon, bless him.

RMF : Had a very wet walk with the boys and then went to Sainsburys. Am now chilling for the rest of the afternoon sleep.gif

Edited by merledogs

what does shift F3 do?

im not going to try it, as ill blow it up or something lol

It instantly changes text written as ALL CAPITALS in a Word document into ever so much better lower case which saves me having to retype pages of stuff done in caps - I still have to go through and add the caps in where they are supposed to be but thats still very much faster than retyping the whole lot.

Snow - can't you just highlight it all and change to sentence case :flowers:

I have discovered the Oxfam online second hand clothes shop :rolleyes:

Lots and lots of good thoughts for Patchy and my very fave oldie dog Henry :wub: :GroupHug:

Ben you great girl's blouse - eat your food.

We went out for a fairly dryish walk this morning, I'm just going to give D&F a quick lap of the park again as it looks like it's going to tip down.

I forgot Dexter's gotcha day earlier this week, 7 glorious years with my big oaf :wub: :biggrin:

Tis most odd by the sounds of it unsure.gif Could he have some sort of cyst of nodule inside his throat which maybe hurts when the food goes down? I hope you get to the bottom of it soon, bless him.

Could be, feeling very frustrated about it, the only way to find out is to sedate him which I'm really loath to do, both for him, and the feeling it's going to turn into a wild goose chase. Can I ask for some opinions please, should I get him sedated and have a look, or wait ?, bare in mind he has no other symptoms, his appetite isn't quite what it was, but he is eating, he just doesn't want to put anything big in his mouth, and what he does put in his mouth he spits out and picks up again a few times before he eats it, there's no vomiting or squits, and he's his normal self.