UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am off to a craft fair tomorrow, I don't need anything but will end up getting loads I suspect :laugh: :rolleyes:

:soapbox: Well that was a complete waste of time and diesel!!!!! Craft Fair was in Farnborough and having driven there (checking website before leaving) were greeted with person handing out leaflets saying it was cancelled due to 'predicted adverse weather'!!!! If it was predicted why not post something on the website saying they 'may' have to cancel?????

Best way to check cars for dog suitability is to find a dog show and wander round the car park. :wink:

I keep looking at the CRV too. Does it drive like a car Alex?

It's very easy to drive, nice seat height as well, so I just open the door and get in, rather than having to drop down to the seat like you do with a normal car flowers.gif Why not find one near you and take it for a test drive?

Really fancy a RAV4 but they're not big enough.

The boot space is absolutely tiny in them compared to the CRV - my friend at work had one and I had a nosey round it, not impressed.

I overdid it humping heavy bags yesterday which wasn't helped by going to sit down last night and because I'd slung coat etc over the back the chair tipped over backwards with me in it ohmy.gif (no alcohol was involved laugh.gif )I was so achey this morning I took a couple of painkillers and went back to bed at 11 and have only recently got up again. Still aching but off out with the dogs for a bit.

Hope you are less achey flowers.gif

Exmoor was so beautiful with the snowdrops everywhere,did my follow up check,am I jealous of a dog having a 400+ acre Exmoor forest at the bottom of his garden that is crisscrossed with bridle and footpaths - am I hell....... :laugh:

Took Ds onto the beach at Minehead that was a tad breezy but they had suce a fab time running in the wind,even wee Daisy was racing around chasing the crows.

got a phone call out of the blue on Friday and tommorow I have a meeting with the MD and Head of HR for a large consultancy company in london

am pouring over my CV trying to remember what I used to do for a living laugh.gif

Good luck Sam. :flowers:

I am very grumpy and in a bad mood (which isnt like me). Had a large glass of wine and OH cooked dinner so am calming down a bit now :rolleyes: Sick of being the only one to do anything around the house at the weekend then having to struggle to take the dogs out together on my own because I dont have time or energy for two walks. :( On top of which my tennis elbow is hurting, not helped by having to use the chuckit for Saffy and to top it all my socks kept sliding off in my wellies and I had to keep stoppong to put them back on whilst being pounced on by a bouncy 'throw the ball' Saffy, so I ended up leaving them off and instead got sore ankles from my wellies rubbing! :mecry: Then Saffy found something lovely and stinky to roll in and managed to get it all round her collar where her lead attaches so then I had that all over my hands and having wiped off what I could on the grass, drove home with stinky dogs in the car. :rolleyes: Glass no 2 coming up :biggrin:

Thanks for good wishes, I'm feeling a bit better but still not good and can't face much food. Very lucky this morning, got away with a mini walk. A new dog appeared on the mountain, lively collie x whippet girlie same age as Wispa, and they tore around and had lots of exercise while the dog's dad and I pottered slowly along and talked about birds. This evening we met some dogs we know so Wispa managed to get well tired out again.

Good luck Sam!

Oo Good luck with your meeting tomorrow Sam :flowers:

Safneo - sounds like you are having one of those down days where things that would not normally bother you are 'major incidents' :GroupHug:

Owl take it easy, good job Wispa has several mad mates to tire her out.

Fleur got out the front door this evening when I was putting the rubbish out :ohmy: , I've been getting a bit lax as she's been so good :unsure: She ran up the road, turned round and ran back down, cunningly avoiding me and Dex, who had been roped into catching duties. Dex decided that it looked so much fun he pegged it after her, then they both turned round and trotted back straight past me and in through the front door :biggrin: I luffs them very much (post heart attack) :wub:

I had to buy some tea bags from the local shop - splashed out and got 'Superior' brand - superior to cat sh*t :mad: only 78 cups of carp tea to go :mad:

Thanks chaps , there is every chance I will make a total arse of myself tommorow as its been about 14 months since I did any real work ( did a few days last summer for an old client ) and I have been getting work on word of mouth for years so I have forgotten how to sell myself at interviews

I can't remember the reasons why anyone would want to employ me , I am not sure saying " I am dead good I am" is really going to knock the HR Directors socks off

Safneo , I think another glass of wine sounds a fab idea flowers.gif best not pop down to Missus Tikks for a cuppa ( well not untill she has had another 78 cups of tea laugh.gif )

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for poorly owl