UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still coughing, then she spits something up into her mouth like she is go to be sick, then

chews it and swallows it, a lady she aint :rolleyes: - so we are still heading to the vets, either tonight or tommorrow morning,

I can't help being worried for my ickle girl though...

My sister's staffy Sugar has just got over something which sounds very similar. Vet was worried it might be lungworm but did some tests and found it was a very mild but persistent chest infection. One lot of ABs didnt' touch it, a different sort cleared it up right away.

Logan is currently on lead-only walks cause he's hurt his leg - we are both beginning to go crazy now   :wacko:  A young lurcher-y pointer-y fing who isn't allowed his off-lead running does not lead to a quiet relaxed house!

I feel for you! :rolleyes: His opposite number here sends lurchery pointery kisses and says get well soon.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sayin nowt

But we all thought it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ive finished my busy day, and got everything on my to do list done. Tomorrow is relatively peacefull with a shopping trip for my house sitters food, and post office. I seem too organised and have to wonder what have I forgotten :laugh:

Our stove sits in the corner of the room and the flue goes up through the ceiling, up the corner of the bedroom above (it will get boxed in) and out to the roof.

I'm so dumb rolleyes.gif I could have one in the rear part of the living room as it's an extension so flat roof above rolleyes.gif Does anyone know how much it costs to have one installed? unsure.gif

Well my Dad's £5,500 electricity bill has now been reduced to £350 in credit wacko.gif

My Dad's 76 but still has all of his marbles and then some so has argued the original bill for weeks and threatened them with the ombudsman but it's worrying how many other people have had the same kind of bill and paid up sad01_anim.gif

They had the cheek to suggest he leave the £350 with them for future payments rolleyes.gif

Glad it's sorted flowers.gif I am trying to figure out how EDF Energy can give me two separate bills for the same period, one where I owe them £9 and one where they owe me £117 huh.gif

I have had a bit of a wacko.gif day at work. Am so busy and looks like getting busier and I have been asked to get involved in a project at group level, which is good but also a bit nerve wracking. It may mean travelling down to Brizzle a bit which I don't really fancy unsure.gif

Ever feel like a disastrous dog owner? This morning I was walking the hounds along the footpath when Az found a cat, chased it across a field and 3 gardens before it disappeared, Az totally ignoring my increasingly desperate cries, eventual swearing, curses, etc. Normally his recall is SO good! Not today tho ...

Then this evening I did a homecheck and had to take the hounds due to timing, Mark away on business etc. Mollydog raided their dustbin and ate their collie's tea, and Az scruffed their collie (though to be fair, richly deserves, he was a bit of a young punk). :mecry:

Aaaaaaaargh! :wacko:

Please excuse typing. this is largelty due to a stiff whisky, though also to presence of giant brown cat who insists on dancing on keyboard, and whose contributions I keep having to erase, I may not have got them all...

Good luck at the hospital Celeste. What are they infusing you with :worried_anim:

Stuff called Infliximab, which is a biological intervention , what ever that means, for all I know it could be Persil laugh.gif, but it makes me feel pretty good bigsnowb.gif

Well my Dad's £5,500 electricity bill has now been reduced to £350 in credit :wacko:

My Dad's 76 but still has all of his marbles and then some so has argued the original bill for weeks and threatened them with the ombudsman but it's worrying how many other people have had the same kind of bill and paid up :unsure: :(

They had the cheek to suggest he leave the £350 with them for future payments :rolleyes:

Good for him, British Gas owed my Dad £350, honestly, he's in his eighties ffs, he can't afford for them to have £350 in their account, earning interest on top of their own millions !....bloody crooks grrr.gif

I'm so dumb rolleyes.gif I could have one in the rear part of the living room as it's an extension so flat roof above rolleyes.gif Does anyone know how much it costs to have one installed? unsure.gif

Really depends on what needs done, the liner itself cost £200, but you would possibly need a hearth put in for fire safety, we had to get the old hearth taken out, and new slate put down, the slate was only £35, the whole thing, including labour cost, £900, and took a day and a half to do. the stove we got was £700, but I wanted a different colour, a wee ash shelf and an adaptor thing so I could burn coal too, so you could get one cheaper, I got a Charnwood Country 4, which is the smallest on the market, but by hell can it belt out heat, I've even turned off the radiator in the livingroom, it's so warm, if you google for stove reviews there's a really good site which reviews just about every stove on the market.

.... someone explain to me how a dog that lives with 6 cats becomes ravening monster in presence of random black and white cats? :unsure:

Cos it's no his cat unsure.gif.

Spud's quite good at plonking his paws on my laptop, if that doesn't get the desired attention, he sort of does a melting slid down my arm, and plop's his immense melon heid on the keyboard rolleyes.gif....vvvvvery helpful Spuddy, very helpful. wub.gif

Glad it's sorted flowers.gif I am trying to figure out how EDF Energy can give me two separate bills for the same period, one where I owe them £9 and one where they owe me £117 huh.gif

SWALEC were as bad, they sent me a small rebate cheque and a final demand for some huge sum with threats to cut off on the same day. Eventually I changed to Scottish Power and they have been fine. My only problem now is SWALEC sending occasional bills and dire threats when I'm not even using their leccy. And to cap it all I've had an advance pay key meter all along, so can't owe them anything!

:glare: What a day today, hope rest of month aint gonna be like this..

Woke up thinking it was 5am/6am and time to get up and out.. but then realised it was very dark.. and it was only 2.30am.. sat up bored.. finally cold and shivvering went to bed.. hubby mumbling, dogs decided to play bounce on the bed.. Fern is snuggling up to gary, lottie crawls under duvet, millie inbetween me and gary and pudsey down centre.. fliss and maddoch practising trampolining... and Badger totally oblivious asleep on his pig pillow.. ended up getting up at 5am, with a cold and shiver still.. :laugh: :laugh: soon as we got up, opened back door, they all went out for a wee and fell back fast asleep while we were wide awake :wacko:

Fed the moggies and noticed Fezziwig the Rabbit wasnt well and decided to go to the vets.. hes got Snuffles, but its not on his chest and is trying to eat his dinner tonight.. so am relieved at that..

Got back home.. Fern and Fliss had opened a bag of wag and eaten half a bag of it.. meanwhile Fliss had gone upstairs and tipped over a bowl of hazlenuts and sat on the floor cracking all the nuts open and eating the hazlenut.. all in computer room, hall, stairs, front room and kitchen.. took over an hour to sort it out.. then feeding time came.. had food in hand, the kitten launches at me and flaming dog food went all over kitchen floor :ohmy:

Opened up my mail to find demand for 97 quid gas bill from 5th December not paid.. so i rang them up and said i had a meter then u nutters and it was changed over to 1.4rly end of december, ps where has the 4 months money disappeared to eg sept oct nov dec.. 240 quids worth of payments gone missing, you owe me not other way around.. so they said oh we will trace them we will contact siemens it happens.. we wont chase u for it, cheeky buggers, they owe me 140 odd quid lol :laugh: :laugh: i might chase them :laugh:

House now tiday, Fezziwig feeling sorry for himself and dogs asleep and pups belly is about to burst lol :huh:

.... someone explain to me how a dog that lives with 6 cats becomes ravening monster in presence of random black and white cats? :unsure:

Lucas lives with two cats - one black, Raven & one ginger, Pumpkin. If we see cats when out I say 'aww it's a Raven' (for all black/black&white or dark cats) or 'aww it's a Pumpkin' for all light coloured cats which works a treat. Unfortunately I have no name for fluffy cats of any colour & he goes insane when he sees one :wacko:

NPower have been phoning my Dad daily since he mentioned the ombudsman, telling him he's a special case & they're doing their best to make payments easier for him blah, blah, blah. They insisted that they'd sent 9 meter readers out but he was always out - funny how none left a card. Today they admitted that they'd ignored a reading that he sent them and that's where the whole problem started. They had the cheek to say that his meter was old as if that's anything to do with him :mad: