UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

RMRant: Feckin Virgin Media have overcharged me this month. My payment should have been £24 and they have charged me £76 angry.gif FFS how do they get it so monumentally wrong? When I rang the first time, the bloke I spoke to said he would refund me £26, then I rang back again to query that and was told they had no idea why they had charged me so much, but would apply a credit to my account. I could really have done without it this month . I wouldn't mind, but they didn't even send me a feckin bill to let me know how much they would be taking angry.gif

went up to feed the small furries and the phone rang, came down to find one of those odd phone landline text messages from ex :angry: read by a 90 year old woman about the rest of his stuff and when can he expect me to take it round :angry: :angry: ffs it's probably 2 rusty old tools in the cellar and that's it if he really wants them, he also thinks he should have the stereo thingy as 'he chose it' - and guess who paid for it, I never use it so might just lob it all through his window :angry: :angry:

unplug the stereo, take the back off and pull off one of the wires that is soldered on.... that way he thinks he has won and you know he will be sat there tearing his hair out trying to make it work (just make sure it doesn't work before you leave it for collection) :laugh: i agree with telling him when he can collect it.. why should you drop it to him?? better still do you know any big rugby palying types??? get them to drop it off :laugh:

merledogs.. that is disgusting, surely virgin can see what they have billed for? if not a bloody stupid way to run a company!!

:GroupHug: for all pets and people who need them.... today i am going to tell my dad how to fix his car..... this will end in him refusing to listen..wasting 4 hours and then having to take my advice anyway(we have been here several times before!)

Morning - things have been a bit hectic and I haven't been keeping up very well, but :GroupHug:  to those who need them.

Alex, that's shocking - more than 3 times what it should be  :ohmy:  I hope you get it sorted, and a proper explanation of what happened and how they'll make sure it doesn't happen again!

We find out today/tomorrow who is being made redundant  :(  I am now pretty sure I am going to be one of the three to go, which means that I'll need a new job from the end of March.  Have had a look, and there are jobs around, just need to do the applying - I am absolutely rubbish at interviews, so need to do some practice.

I am rather tired this morning, as Marmite-cat has discovered how to turn on the radio on OH's alarm clock, and proceeded to turn it on at midnight, 3 am, and 5.30 this morning  :mad:  The volume is turned up fairly loud to ensure we wake up in the morning, so there was no sleeping through it.  She's going to find herself shut out of the bedroom if she keeps this up!

Morning :)

I just had a very confusing call from a friend then we discovered she'd actually phoned the wrong Julie :wacko: Upshot is that her dog has hurt her back and is paralysed in both back legs though which is horrible :(

I am rather tired this morning, as Marmite-cat has discovered how to turn on the radio on OH's alarm clock, and proceeded to turn it on at midnight, 3 am, and 5.30 this morning  :mad:  The volume is turned up fairly loud to ensure we wake up in the morning, so there was no sleeping through it.  She's going to find herself shut out of the bedroom if she keeps this up!

Dylan the devil kittencat can also do this,little :devil: that he is.It isn't much fun being woken at 3am to heavy rock music which is what my radio alarm is set to :huh:

today is voting day here for the presidential election , its not quite the same as the UK and as far as I can see there is no Peter Snow with a swingometer either !

got this by email this morning, there are people here that are scared to vote and reports of imtimadate already at Polling stations etc. its going to be a long 24 hours I think

How to Vote:

1. Take your Polling Card and your National Identity Card with you to the polling station.
  2. Once you receive the ballot paper, look through the entire ballot paper very carefully to locate the SWAN symbol, the symbol of General Sarath Fonseka.
  3. Once you have confirmed the name and the symbol, mark a firm and visible "X" in the empty box next to the SWAN.
  4. Be sure to insert your ballot paper into a sealed ballot box yourself. DO NOT hand over your completed ballot paper to any person or official within the polling booth.
  5. Congratulations! You have successfully voted for Sarath Fonseka, Next President of Sri Lanka and exercised your democratic right as a citizen of this great nation.

Please note:

• If you have not received your polling card - YOU CAN VOTE with your NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD. Take your National Identity Card to the polling station and request the presiding officer to search for your name in the voter list. This will allow you to cast your vote for General Sarath Fonseka.
  • If you have a family member who is registered to vote yet unable to vote due to being overseas, please take that polling card to the polling booth and request that the name be removed from the voter list. This will prevent illegal votes.

Tips to remember:

• Arrive at your polling station and cast your vote as EARLY as possible.
  • Please go in GROUPS. This will help prevent intimidation by others to rob you of your precious right to vote.
  • Do all you can to make everyone you know to cast his or her vote for Sarath Fonseka.
    We are counting on you – Every vote counts!

How to make your vote count:

• Encourage religious leaders in your area to help safeguard polling stations.
    They can be by the station – this is allowed.
  • Help safeguard the ballot boxes by standing along the route / following the vehicle taking ballot boxes to the counting centers. This will prevent any illegal acts such as attempts to swap ballot boxes before they are taken to the counting centers.

What our opponents have in mind:

· Our opponents plan to create riots and get their people to wear SF T-shirts and disrupt voting.

· Our opponents will attempt to get the agents in the polling booths to scare you and prevent you from voting.

· They may try to make you to give them your ID cards which will prevent you from voting.

Do not be afraid or misled – We have people standing by to support you

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING - SAY SOMETHING

Please call our offices on (011) 7393550 / (011) 5231019 - we will email more numbers tomorrow to contact us regarding any type of election violation.

Victory on the 26th!

The Sarath Fonseka Campaign

Sorry to hear about your friend's dog, Jules. Can this be treated?

Slap wrist to Virgin Media, norty animals who deny their humans sleep, and dads who think they always know best. And far worse than slap wrist to the lady who was going to turn that poor guinea pig loose.

Cheryl, I know exactly what you mean re Chris. I'm in something of the same position myself but with a much shorter distance involved. The friends who are throwing cold water over you should realise that the last thing one needs after a nasty breakup plus house move and general panic need is to hurtle straight into another seriously committed relationship.

Polly not well today, been sick and off food. If she doesn't pick up later we will make a vet appt.

Edited by owl

RMRant: Feckin Virgin Media have overcharged me this month. My payment should have been £24 and they have charged me £76 angry.gif FFS how do they get it so monumentally wrong? When I rang the first time, the bloke I spoke to said he would refund me £26, then I rang back again to query that and was told they had no idea why they had charged me so much, but would apply a credit to my account. I could really have done without it this month . I wouldn't mind, but they didn't even send me a feckin bill to let me know how much they would be taking angry.gif

I'm with virgin too, and i won't let them put me on DD, I just use

their phonbank system when I get the monthly bill through.

Cheryl, Tessie is better today however she used to have 1 - 2 off days

per month where she wasn't interested in food and just wanted to sleep. Now its

up to 4-5 off days,and she is trying to wretch a bit, I wonder

if she has a hairball stuck (as she licks her paws a lot) or

there is something more sinister, either way she is off to the

vets.

I'm not sure about her dog Phebe,she'd phoned me by mistake instead of phoning her neighbour and was in a bit of a panic about things so we didn't speak for long.I'll try and get hold of her later and find out.

Hope your Polly feels better quickly :flowers:

My Polly pooed in the bath again last night :rolleyes:

merledogs.. that is disgusting, surely virgin can see what they have billed for? if not a bloody stupid way to run a company!!

I may contact my bank under the direct debit guarantee and have the overcharge returned. If they'd sent me a bill in the first bluddy place I could have sorted it before they took the payment rolleyes.gif

.We find out today/tomorrow who is being made redundant sad01_anim.gif I am now pretty sure I am going to be one of the three to go, which means that I'll need a new job from the end of March. Have had a look, and there are jobs around, just need to do the applying - I am absolutely rubbish at interviews, so need to do some practice.

I hope you are wrong in your assumption Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Upshot is that her dog has hurt her back and is paralysed in both back legs though which is horrible sad01_anim.gif

Poor dog sad.gif

Fingers crossed for Polly and Tessie :flowers:

RMF : I am like this wacko.gif from studying. Only about 17 more pages to work my way through today, should take me to about 5 pm, then I can have a rest and just do a quick read through tomorrow morning. The exam is at 2pm tomorrow, so if you could all please set your alarms and think "make the exam easy" thoughts for me at that time, I'd be grateful laugh.gif

Good luck with the studying Alex, and for the exam tomorrow  :flowers:

Cheryl - can we have a pic of Tarquin?  I love piggies, would love to have a couple of my own, but don't think Logan would be compatible with that idea  :rolleyes:

Well done Polly - the bath is a step down from the litter tray, but probably a step up from the carpet  :laugh:  To give you some more ideas, Marmite has started weeing in the kitchen sink again  :rolleyes:  Another case of not sure whether to be angry at the weeing, or pleased it is somewhere easy to clean!

It has just been confirmed that I am being made redundant at the end of March  :(  I have to go in for a meeting with HR tomorrow, which will be interesting  :unsure:  I've just dusted off a copy of my CV and am working on updating it - it is slow going.

So much for trying to be girly.. here I was this morning, had me new gear on :wink: and felt all girly when the lacy strapped pinged off the basque and hit me in the flaming face at full force... hubby couldnt stop laffing and said it would need a crane to lift me boobs up :ohmy: so back to square one, couldnt find new shoes.. found old pair... put new skirt on yayyyyy it fits, bit to big, for some reason.. last year i lost 4 stone and i keep buying the sizes i was then.. anyway goes to put on my new blouse and i couldnt get one boob in never mind two.. it was a size 10 :laugh: took them back to Asda and hubby said im not coming to cust services if you take that basque out and theirs a bloke in queue.. i tutted and marched along..

Blokey behind me smiling :wacko: and the girls were laffing when i told it pinged out.. and then manager came along and said oh when did u buy the blouse, i said birchwood last weds.. apparently all been recalled cos of colour.. i said feck the colour, your sizings wrong, look at coat hangers and tabs on shirt different sizes..

So got another one now :laugh: ewwwwww tax return day tommorow for me, thats gonna be so much fun.. malibu at the ready..

Marmite who went missing for two days came home and went out again.. ps, Marmite is the cat, not a tub of brown sticky stuff..

Sorting tons of carp out for charity shop on friday they are picking it up, which is great, until next time i fill it all up again.. :laugh: :cool: