UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired: Back to the grindstone again after day off sick. Nothing serious, just had a big ball of cotton wool explode inside my head. Dust has now settled, so I should go and make some more money, as I've managed to spend some yesterday, despite not feeling well :wacko: Weekend is coming, I can feel it in me bones!

Morning :tired:

Glad you're feeling better Billy :flowers:

2 more dogs in from the cold after running around for 3 months, Murphy GSD and Amber ridgeback, that's 3 marathon runners back in less than a week.

Great news :flowers:

hantlers.jpg

:laugh::wub:

Bejo - glad you have heat again :flowers:

RMF : The lovely frost has gone and it's wet again :mad:

Yesterday I found what Sally, my reactive dog hates most (so far).

On our morning walk, I found she hated the sound of people scraping ice off their car windows - poor girl was very antsy over it, but we did manage to get to a safe distance where we did the 'look at the scary thing -look at me- get a treat', training, and she seemed to get it quite quickly.Then Horror of Horrors,someone had the cheek to get in their car and use their windscreen wipers to clear the ice. You know that noise it makes as it scrapes its way across the screen? Well apparently all wipers must die, when they do that!

Sal completely freaked over it, and mixed from running towards, and running away from them. There was no safe distance this time. I think Southern Spain may have been her safe distance <sigh>.

This morning she was the model of a well trained dog, and everything was lovely again.

There were no evil ice and wipers battling.

Morning :)

Off to the vets with Polly today who is on antibiotics for cat acne :unsure: She has far worse spots than I ever did but then she is 11 yrs old so I suppose this could be cat puberty :wacko:

I did my moving and shaking in London today it was a nice day out but thats all it was

ooh well never mind it could be worse, I could have infected piles and sore legs :laugh:

If you get infected piles I can do you a script for Preparation H if you like Sam :biggrin: :D

If you get infected piles I can do you a script for Preparation H if you like Sam :biggrin: :D

Thank you :laugh:

This monring I am mostly looking on the bright side of things :jumpy:

so in that light it is my duty to remind everyone ( even for bah humbugs like me ) that Norad Tracks Santa is the best website for childern of all ages in December and will cheer you up even if you are feeling a bit gloomly

http://www.noradsanta.org/

Ive got the ruddy sore leg, ill let someone else have the infected piles, arnt I generous lol

Lewis was asleep in the living room so im on the desktop. Its colder in here, and no tv, so why dont I move into the living room while hes in the shower? ermmmmm

I got an offer of some meat for the dogs, but they arnt answering the phone. whats the chnce they didnt think I wanted it and have given it away

ANSWER YOUR RUDDY PHONE!!!!!

thank you for that xx

Owl, glad your hand is improving :flowers: Nice to hear that more dogs have realised their place by the nice warm radiator/fire and gone home. :biggrin:

They didn't get a lot of choice :laugh: Amber ridgeback was the only one who had the brains to see that the scary humans who had got her cornered were her devoted family. Sue BC didn't stop running until she was trapped, and then recognised her dad. Murphy GSD was still ready to fight for the right to roam even when a quick-thinking person saw him go into a barn and shut the door, and a vet had to come and dart him. He's back on the sofa at fosterer's house now and settling well with a steady GSD bitch to reassure him.

Man arrived to do survey & paperwork for insulating the house. He drilled into the wall and found there is already cavity insulation present. However, the benefit of this is minimal because all heat is escaping through the roof. Insulation in loft is partial, ancient and ineffective. It's all flat and manky. Loft will be re-insulated for me early in January :biggrin:

Man arrived to do survey & paperwork for insulating the house. He drilled into the wall and found there is already cavity insulation present. However, the benefit of this is minimal because all heat is escaping through the roof. Insulation in loft is partial, ancient and ineffective. It's all flat and manky. Loft will be re-insulated for me early in January :biggrin:

How very efficient of them. We've been waiting since September for someone to even make an appointment with us to come out and survey. They occasionally ring up and say 'are you still interested?'. :rolleyes: