UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Child Killed By Dog

collies r best

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working from home today and just heard that This Morning have got a woman coming on to talk about how she 'fought off' two dogs that tried to attack her child. They used the words 'status dogs' and of course mentioned that they were staffies.

I really hope that they don't try and demonise the breed and can recognise that these are isolated cases, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Roger Mugford was on Breakfast TV this morning, he said that the breed hadn't been released yet but was thought to be an ABT. He also said that the police have destroyed a lot of evidence by shooting the dog. Dogs should be assessed to see if they really are aggressive or guarding.

They did have a behaviourist on This Morning, I can't remember his name. wacko.gif He said that these cases are very few an far between, but they ended the interview with the mother advising other parents to 'get rid' of bull breed dogs from the home.

She is obviously still traumatised by what happened to her son, which is totally understandable, but I wish the show had tried to be more objective. Holly Willoughby was particularly annoying with her ridiculous mis-informed comments.

The website has taken a similarly biased approach too.

As a result, Jenna now wants people to understand how dangerous dogs are, particularly Staffordshire Bull Terriors, the ones that attacked her and Jay

It's just all so terriblemecry.gif

It should never have happened. When will people learn?mad.gif

Too many dogs being brought into the World with people not having a clue how to look after them, handle them etc etc.

Sadly I can see that aggression seems to be on the increase in so many other breeds/types not just bull breed types as people seem to keep reportingsad.gif

Whilst I agree with Roger that it would be helpful to keep dogs alive for behavioral examination, there are cases where that's just not possible. I think given the circumstances in this case, the police had no choice but to shoot the dog.

DNB have been asked to appear on BBC Breakfast. Given the kind of reaction those defending dogs recieve, I don't think so.

Whilst I agree with Roger that it would be helpful to keep dogs alive for behavioral examination, there are cases where that's just not possible. I think given the circumstances in this case, the police had no choice but to shoot the dog.

DNB have been asked to appear on BBC Breakfast. Given the kind of reaction those defending dogs recieve, I don't think so.

I don't see what the point of keeping the dog alive would have been..they would never have been able to rehome it, would they? it would probably have had to endure months of tests then be pts anyhow. I can understand why you say that about DNB not being on BBC breakfast Mel, but surely, it's better to be on and give the other side of the story? if it saves even a handful of staffies or whatever being thrown out "because that breed are dangerous", it'd be worth having to argue with a presenter? If they say "we asked a representative of DNB to appear, but they refused" it will only help to convince people that these dogs can't be shown in a good light even by the very group who are supposed to champion them?