UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feeling Sad.....

Tempest

This week has been such a horrid week with losing Ollie and I really am finding things unbelievably tough sad.gif The house just feels 'wrong' and so so quiet sad.gif I think I'm doing as well as I can be but just keep bursting into tears at random moments and just have an overwhelming feeling of sadness all the time (which I'm guessing is probably quite normal in the circumstances) :(

To make things worse Chris (who's been an absolute rock for me this week) has gone off to the US today for 2 weeks with work sad.gif I've been dreading it all week as I knew I'd be feeling even worse once he'd gone and I was totally on my own. I just feel like I'm wandering round the house at a loss with what to do with myself and I don't think I've been 'alone' in the house totally for about 10 years as even before having Ollie I had the cats with me.

I know I need to keep myself busy with something and am actually looking forward to work tomorrow, all the housework and washing is done but it just feels so wrong without Olls to chat to and cuddle :( It doesn't feel 'normal' not doing the whole daily routine of feeding, walking, cuddling - I'm missing the things that drove me crazy like finding dog hairs in my dinner and Olls barking 184 times when someone down the road shuts a car door. When the fireworks were going off last night I kept leaping up myself as I know how much Olls hated the bloomin' things. I know I need something to focus on to give me a purpose and try and pull myself out of getting too sad but I don't even feel like I want to :(

:GroupHug: Jules :GroupHug: It is normal for you to feel this way but that doesn't make it any easier does it :(

I think if you want to do something to take your mind off your grief for a while, do it, but do let yourself grieve too :GroupHug: I think when you have put so much love and time into caring for someone, it feels very empty when they have gone.

I took homeopathic Ignatia before and after we lost Sweetie, to try to help a little with the grief.

:GroupHug: It does get easier as you learn to cope without Ollie, I am still finding it hard without Gracie but it is easier now. I do find having other dogs have helped me a lot because I need to think of them as well, they are also missing her.

I also find that Rescue Remedy helps.

There's a lovely book called Blessing the Bridge by Rita M Reynolds, what animals teach us about death dying and beyond, it has really helped a few people I know to come to terms and accept the loss of their companions.

Thinking of you too, I've gone through the same thing three times now, and it is hard,even if you discount the grief your feeling, not having Oll's to look after is a big adjustment, so off course your feeling crappy,sadly we all have to go through it from time to time, it's the ultimate price we pay for loving our pets so much :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: for you. Let yourself grieve ,you need to.My Ebbi died just over 12 weeks ago and i still cry every time little things remind me and I spent a lot of time in tears when we went to the caravan last week as its the first time we ever went without her. So many things are going to remind you, little everyday things so let yourself remember and cry. I really feel for you.x

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for you. Unfortunately I know exactly where you're coming from. It's been just over 5 months since Mal died and I've noticed a little while ago that I'm now not crying over him every day anymore and I can say 'hello Mal' to the picture of him that is my screensaver without bursting into tears. Grieving is pants, there's no two ways about it, and there have been many times that I just wanted it to stop. This seems like such a cliche and a completely useless thing to say right now, but you'll have to go through it and it will get easier in time. I think you've been incredibly brave posting a little tribute for Ollie :flowers: :flowers: Please be kind to yourself and accept that you are grieving. And post as often as you need, we understand.