UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

Morning Fugees :)

Saw this on easyvoyage.co.uk website:

LATEST TRAVELLERS INFORMATION

Looking for something different? Become a hamster.

Environment : 18/11/2009

"With the myriad hotels opening all over the globe, we have seen some innovative ideas such as Sweden's ice hotel, or some of the Middle-Eastern creations that have popped up over the years. There is even a space hotel being built! But how about we brush this all aside and we get back to the basics? What if on your next holiday all you wanted was, well...to become a...hamster? Well, if that is the case, then lo and behold! It has now been made possible by Frederic Tabary and Yann Falquerho in France, where they have designed a hotel where guests can now feel like hamsters until their heart's content. The hotel opens its doors in Nantes (Loire River, western France) where a room costs £88 per night. Guests can feast on hamster grain, get a workout by running in a giant wheel and sleep in hay stacks in the suite called the "Hamster Villa". The designers run a company which rents out unusual venues to adventure-seekers. The two architects designed the room in an 18th century building to resemble the inside of a hamster's cage.

"The hamster in the world of children is that little cuddly animal. Often, the adults who come here have wanted or did have hamsters when they were small," said Mr Falquerho, who was dressed as a hamster. Time to head to Nantes for a once in a lifetime experience!"

Of course, if you wanted the real Syrian hamster experience you would have to spend your holiday alone :laugh:

Wind nearly took me off my feet this morning, v few people in the park.

Edited by owl

Just heard from my daughter that Munchkin 2 took 5 steps this morning. He's 10 months and 9 days old! Here comes trouble!! :laugh: :laugh:

WTG Munchkin 2! I started walking at 10 months, and at 5 (with 3 years pedal car experience under my belt) drove off in stepdad's car and smashed it into a wall. You could well be right about here comes trouble.

Afternoon from work. After a few days out it's absolutely manic and my director is in as well, which makes it ten times worse rolleyes.gif Apparently our Group Director (more senior to my director) for Procurement is looking for someone with skills in the types of categories I manage. My director has been pretending that he's not bothered if I want to apply for the job but said if I do, I can't ever go back rolleyes.gif It may well involve more money but I need to see what it involves (and I'm not sure if I'd be jumping out of the frying pan, etc - better the devil you know and all that). However, it may be a step forward in terms of seniority and not being held back career wise. I need to see the job description before I decide whether to apply or not.

Billy, you could be right about that, it was quite un-nerving! unsure.gif

Can you start to associate the word with a positive experience, eg say it in a silly voice and give him treats each time you do? flowers.gif

Edited by merledogs

Has anyone flown with Ryanair recently? With all the restrictions on what you can take with you in hand luggage, can I take a roll on deodorant and my makeup? :huh:

I haven't flown Ryanair but one of my website clients is an airline, they all have the same rules. You'll need to take the right sort of resealable plastic bag with you and not take anything large. To be honest, if you aren't taking hold baggage unless you have loads of stuff it might be easier to just get some at the other end.

"Passengers are allowed to take small quantities of liquids in hand luggage. These liquids must be in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres each. These must be packed in one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of not more than one litre capacity per passenger.

Liquids may still be packed in checked in hold baggage.

The definition of liquids includes water and other drinks, soups, syrups. Creams, lotions and oils. Perfumes. Sprays. Gels, including hair and shower gels. Contents of pressurized containers, including shaving foams and deodorants. Pastes, including toothpaste. Liquid-solid mixtures. Mascara. Any other item of similar consistency."

Afternoon

So ends another depressing day. My hours are being cut. I have no idea what to. I only do 22.5 now. I also think whatever I do end up working it only lasts until the end of the month. Great.

Alex I would go for it. Maybe you'll be appreciated by the more senior director. Can you suss things out by speaking to people who work for him and find out more about the job that way? If you apply there is no reason why you have to accept a job offer if you got it is there?

Just heard from my daughter that Munchkin 2 took 5 steps this morning. He's 10 months and 9 days old! Here comes trouble!! :laugh: :laugh:

:biggrin:

WTG Munchkin 2! I started walking at 10 months, and at 5 (with 3 years pedal car experience under my belt) drove off in stepdad's car and smashed it into a wall. You could well be right about here comes trouble.

:laugh:

My director has been pretending that he's not bothered if I want to apply for the job but said if I do, I can't ever go back

Can you start to associate the word with a positive experience, eg say it in a silly voice and give him treats each time you do? flowers.gif

Why do people say those things just because an employee might want to change their role? :angry:

Thanks for the advice too :flowers:

So ends another depressing day. My hours are being cut. I have no idea what to. I only do 22.5 now. I also think whatever I do end up working it only lasts until the end of the month. Great.

that's a bit mean :angry: :GroupHug:

Jack and Cherry are making me :biggrin: They are like a mirror image, what one does, so does the other. I've just had tandem back rubs, bless 'em. :wub:

Alex I would go for it. Maybe you'll be appreciated by the more senior director. Can you suss things out by speaking to people who work for him and find out more about the job that way? If you apply there is no reason why you have to accept a job offer if you got it is there?

I hope you find something else really soon :GroupHug:

There are various reasons why I am reluctant to go for it, but am going to keep an open mind as there may also be as many positives :flowers:

bah humbug :angry:

bloody go go hamsters

its taken me all day frantically flicking from site to site to locate one for my great niece, finally got the next but last one at boots online :biggrin:

still at least it means i dont have to go and have armed combat with desperate mums at toys r us on friday when their next delivery is due :wacko:

I was about to say to you why don't you ask Phebe. :laugh:

Best of luck Sam. :flowers:

Think I've applied for about 5,000 jobs today. Had an odd phone call earlier about facia boards for the hme. Was told I spoke to them a couple of years ago and said I was just about to have them put up on the house. I'm guessing I must have said that to get rid of them off the phone. Oh well it did take them 2 years to get back to pestering again. :laugh: