UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

Oh bollox I wish I'd seen this to save you the vet visit - thats exactly what happened with Nog (and the vet visit too lol) my guess is again like Nog it's the lymph nodes draining down into the toes now that the bandages have been reduced, hence the foot massages I mentioned laugh.gif the toes can swell to huge proportions (scarily so) but only a few mins massage and they go right back down again fer ages and ages.

Hmm, I took her in and they re-bandaged (toes vanished again :huh: ) - but her normal vet who did the surgery wasn't there. I'd been wondering whether to call him, because I know he was concerned about the skin on her feet getting chafed by the bandages. Maybe I had better give him a ring tomorrow.

Good idea, cycas, see what he says.

I have had a lovely email from some big cheese at Microsoft who says the corporation wants to give me $500,000 to show their appreciation because I am such a regular user of the internet. Funny he isn't using an addy from Microsoft domain, isn't it? :laugh:

Edited to say, just seen your sad news about Julian. I am so sorry he didn't have more time with his loved ones, and so sorry for your loss :GroupHug:

Edited by owl

Hmm, I took her in and they re-bandaged (toes vanished again huh.gif ) - but her normal vet who did the surgery wasn't there. I'd been wondering whether to call him, because I know he was concerned about the skin on her feet getting chafed by the bandages. Maybe I had better give him a ring tomorrow.

The way your regular vet has been treating Molls sounds very similar to the treatment we have been having for Nog - at some point the toes do need to be exposed and the support of the bandage gradually reduced (does she have a splint in the dressing?) When the toes come out again because the dogs are still on full restriction of exercise and they let the leg dangle a lot, then the stuff thats flowing to the broken leg from the lymph nodes has nowhere to go and pools in the toes as the bandage stops it going back up unless it has a bit of help. Molls will also need to weightbare on the leg more and more as time goes on and the bone starts to heal and we were told that they've found that with some dogs and pointies especially if the foot is entirely covered they will not use it as much as it feels funny. We certainly noticed Nog was more willing to use the leg once the whole foot was exposed. The massage is nothing terribly technical, it's basically like playing this little piggy went to market laugh.gif you just wiggle the toes back and forth towards the pad bending and gently stroking them and the foot & the swelling goes down very quickly. Nog used to get very ticklish if you did it for what he thought was too long and would sit on his foot so I couldnt get to it laugh.gif

Alex I am so sorry to hear your sad news flowers.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Cousin Julian, who was given six months to live a couple of weeks ago, died yesterday mecry.gif My cousin Babs (who is like a sister to me) has just arrived home from New Zealand so will give her and my Aunty a ring later. Sleep right Julian :angel: My thoughts are with his sisters, mum, stepdad and his wife who he married in July.

:GroupHug: so sorry :GroupHug:

Cousin Julian, who was given six months to live a couple of weeks ago, died yesterday mecry.gif My cousin Babs (who is like a sister to me) has just arrived home from New Zealand so will give her and my Aunty a ring later. Sleep right Julian :angel: My thoughts are with his sisters, mum, stepdad and his wife who he married in July.

I'm so sorry for you, and all of Julian's family. How tragic. :GroupHug:

So sorry for your sad news Alex :GroupHug: :flowers:

:GroupHug: for poor houndies paws.

What's the job Julia? :unsure:

Today was very surreal at work. Amongst other odd happenings, I had a naked man talk to me through a kitchen window of a ground floor flat. He held the net curtain in one hand and covered his manhood with the other. The sink unit in between saved any undue embarrassment! :unsure: :laugh:

RMF: I am coming down with the lurgy. :(

Haven't kept up but :GroupHug: for poorly fugee's and poorly fugee dogs :GroupHug:

And thoughts are with Alex and family :GroupHug:

RMF: School for Wiggle tonight. Sir H is coming too, to meet Tracey the trainer as she also does home boarding and the boys are staying with her on Saturday night as I'm going up to Sarah_H in Derby :biggrin:

OK Marge, I will say it before anyone else does - where's the picture of net curtain man? :D

Take care, the lurgy is not nice.

I am very pleased to find that Mummy Owl has started to go to events again with her friends e.g. Townswomens Guild, W I etc.

OK Marge, I will say it before anyone else does - where's the picture of net curtain man? :D

No pics, just certain images that I can't get out of my head :laugh:

glad mummy owl is getting back to normal :flowers:

Hope sir H doesn't get too distressed by the fireworks. :GroupHug: :wub:

I had a buise on my left arm, don't know how I got it. I now have one on my right arm in almost the exact same place. weird :wacko: