UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I'M Pregnant

Amanda Jvv

Following on from the scan thread I am now officially blabbing to the world that I am 13 weeks pregnant with my first child!

Due around 17 - 24 Feb and we had our nuchal scan yesterday. I apparently fall into the lowest risk possible for any complications and bean is now a fully formed baby with two legs, two arms, a brain, intestines, bladder, working kidneys and beating heart! (amazing what the scan could tell).

So far it is a very lazy baby as it wouldnt move to get the correct scan position. I went walking, jumped up and down but it liked the sleeping position on it's back and promptly went back to sleep. We did get an incredible dvd of it moving it's legs and arms about but it does like to rest its hand on its nose.

It's now 6.8 cm long (approx 3 inches!)

Two scans attached.

This one you can see the head with the hand resting

372252016.jpg

and this is the 4d one.

You can see in the middle the whole baby with its head and arm on the left raised up. With two little legs crossed at bottom

372252012.jpg

So, so far so good!! Now I can start making plans!

Edited by Amanda Jvv

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

Haven't had a chance but thought I would update you. I'm now 20 weeks along so halfway already and baby is growing as it should be.

We also found out we're having a girl. The first girl in my husbands family in 70years so needless to say his family are over the moon and pink things have been flooding in already! This is going to be one spoilt little girl. This is my mothers first grandchild so she was over the moon already not matter whether it was a boy or girl! :biggrin:

Sorry to say that no polls needed on the name :laugh: as we had a girls name we both liked all along which we will share once she is here. Due date is 24 Feb but have been told to add around 10 days for your first baby. Howver at present I have a low lying placenta so may need a caesarian but this is likely to move as the uterus moves up. Either way birth terrifies me! So please lots of advice would be appreciated.!