UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts For Milly Merle Please

merledogs

The vet thinks the lump is a cyst :biggrin: He said it's highly unlikely to have spread to the opposite back leg, plus the lump is contained in her skin. He said to keep an eye on it for a couple of weeks and see how we get on. It's likely that it will need to be removed anyway, but we'll give her a couple of weeks before another anaesthetic.

I asked about hydrotherapy pools nearby and they have a treadmill type one on site, which I knew. What I didn't realise was that you could fill it as deep as necessary so Milly can swim in it. I have to book her in on Thursday for her first session.

She's had most of her staples out, but there were a couple which were embedded in and Milly was getting quite distressed, so she will have those taken out on Thursday when she goes back.

I left her tshirt off and she started licking the wound straight away and as it's not 100% healed yet, it's looking red so I put the tshirt back on for now. I am going to put some Manuka Honey on it along with a dressing to see if that will heal it properly.

We stopped at the park for a little run on the way back and she loved it :wub:

I am so pleased, dogs are amazing how they bounce back.

I asked about hydrotherapy pools nearby and they have a treadmill type one on site, which I knew. What I didn't realise was that you could fill it as deep as necessary so Milly can swim in it. I have to book her in on Thursday for her first session.

Merlin and Gracie go to hydro and it is the treadmill, it is amazing just what they can do with a treadmill, my dogs started with the water supporting them at first and as they grew stronger the water was lowered to make them work harder. At one time Gracie had the water at only 1in deep to make her step through it and work really hard. The only swimming mine do is when Gracie picks her feet up and drifts :laugh: It is really quite funny to watch but I do know they swim dogs as well, the treadmill working puts up resistance which can also be adjusted to suit the dog.

glad the vet doesn't think the lump is anything nasty :biggrin: we used the water treadmill for my boy to swim in as he hated the pool and nearly drowned the hydrotherapist :laugh: :laugh: the only problem i had was holding onto his harness over the side of the tank.... i could just about reach :rolleyes: