UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Dogs!! rolleyes.gif would someone PLEASE tell my plonker of a greyhound that he is NOT to climb the sodding stairs with a broken leg and that looking smugly at me from the center of MY BED is NOT clever or smart it's BLOODY STUPID and he is going to give me grey hairs!! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif feck knows how we will get him down again *sighs* wacko.gif

Untill you get the stairgate fitted can you use a harness and house lead/long line to restrict him ?

RMF : I say this every time and then completely ignore it, next time I am tempted to take 5 dogs to bed with me I am going to slap myself hard :tired:

Do we have the worlds most anti social dogs? Allison was out overnight so I 'forgot' to shut them in the back room so they could join me in the bedroom. Within seconds Meg was sprawled out next to me and Bob perched at the bottom, I woke up this morning to find both of them in the back room on their chairs out of choice. Maybe I was snoring louder than Meg? :laugh:

RMF. We have two noo chooks arriving this afternoon. Ethel died in the week and Kiev is lonely on her own, a chance comment by someone Allison works with means we've given a home to two hens that aren't wanted, no idea what they are yet but they are both laying :biggrin:

Afternoon :wavey: Work was busy from the minute I got in at 7am. 120 golfers through for coffee :wacko:

My aunt and uncle are over from Barbados the week after next. My parents are going to take them to Bowood to the house and gardens and then come to the golf club for lunch after so they can see me. Thanks to a lovely chap who I used to work with but is now at the house, he'll arrange for them all to get in the house & gardens using my staff pass so they all go free :biggrin: And, as they are family, they'll get 15% discount on their lunch in the golf club. Nice to have little perks now and again :cool:

Untill you get the stairgate fitted can you use a harness and house lead/long line to restrict him ?

We'd rather not Sam - he is far less stressed now that the leg can weight bare, we'll just make sure he can't get up the stairs again unless we carry him up and down. The idea is not to totally confine him and treat him like an invalid, current thinking is for them to use the leg as much as they are prepared to do rather than imobilising them so that he doesn't get afraid to use it and suffer muscle wastage or oedema which will then need further work. The surgeon we are seeing Tuesday is one of the best in the country and apparently he'll be giving us all kinds of stuff to do with Nogs aftercare. Confining/restricting him has really been stressing him out, hyperventilation, whining and complaining etc. so at the moment he has the run of the downstairs, isn't being allowed on furniture, and goes into the garden as and when he pleases off lead, trying to keep him on a long lead would just wind him up as he associates any form of a lead with *whispers* walkies laugh.gif luckily we're both off work this coming week so we'll have several days to assess his abilities, behaviour and comfort etc before we have to go back to work, it may be that we'll get a crate for the times when both of us won't be here but he's not very fond of them and it's hard to know if the crate might be more stressful than not crating - vet advice at the moment is merely to keep him pain & stress free and avoid galloping about like a lunatic. It was entirely my fault he got up the stairs, I had left the lounge door open and forgot to put the barrier across the stairs when I came up as I was only going to be up here 2 mins and Nog was in the garden with Rob - Rob didn't realise that the door was open so when Nog came in he let Nog go first... thats when we both discovered just how fast he can move when he flipping wants to broken leg or no broken leg rolleyes.gif thats a mistake I won't make again.

What a funny day. I cycled to work and went past the train station, it was jam packed with Wolves supporters.

Now they have won town is buzzing with drunkards :rolleyes:

I was exhausted when I got home from work. 12 miles cycling :biggrin: (although I have been in bed asleep since 3pm :wink: )