UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

:flowers: Chasta - good for you :flowers:

How do you do the linky things to other threads that show it as your own meaningful title instead of a rambling gibberish string.

If that makes sense!

Yep - when you're typing a reply, look at the icons above you - you should have a :) and next to that on the right should be a little symbol with a little white + sign in a green circle?

To use it, you can either type what you want the link to be called eg Ange's fantastic link, in your post and then highlight that text and click on the above symbol.

It will then bring up a little box. Add the link itself, including the http:// bit, to the first line of the box - and your highlighted text should automatically appear in the second box. Then you just click "insert link" and it should be done :)

Alternatively you can just click on the icon, paste your link in line one and then type what you want to call it in line 2 and insert link.

Quote this and then have a go yourself.

Oh and for quoting people (I think someone asked yesterday), if you want to quote one person, just press reply under their post and it will bring up their quote and your reply box.

If you want to multiquote, press the multiquote button under each post you want to quote then hit "add reply" at the top of bottom of the thread and that will bring up the various quotes for you to reply to.

Hope that helps :flowers:

2 horus in and its still quiet :unsure: Ive had a little angry shih-tsu arrive who is all teeth at the moment, ive bribed my binmen to take some extra bags, Ive chatted to my mum about a stray cat she has found and is taking to the vets fow what sounds like wet exzema... its all going too well :laugh:

bighyp.gif Sleep Wispa, sleep.

Thank you. I didn't know that hypnosis icon actually worked, but it appears to do the trick :laugh: She went back to bed after breakfast for 2 hours, and has had a laid-back morning lounging around and gnawing bones :happy: . Pot plant lady has been and gone, and hamster lady now won't be here until late afternoon so we will have a walk while weather is somewhat less horrible.

Lucy :GroupHug:

Layla is back home again from having her casts re-done. They found both had moved so they took them both off and she had a little bath in the plaster sink before being re-cast. Emma said she was gurgling :wub: Physios have plastered her to the very top of her legs in the hope that they will last until next Wednesday when they have decided to do her Tenotomy :unsure: which will be a very scary day for parents and grandparents I can tell you.

Thank you all for being wonderful listeners and good luck and hugs to all that could use them right now.

Aly

Ange - thank you :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: Your instructions were amazingly clear - must be, because I suceeded first time and it has worked. :)

Simple things can turn me into an ulta-happy Fugee.

(And now I can also try multi-quotes - I'll keep those for another time).

Loads and loads of good thoughts, get betters, feel betters to everyone who is feeling ill, :wacko: or :mecry:

I can't remember hearing of quite so many folks being unwell - hope you realise that if you're not going to be around for more than a day, you will be expected to submit a sick note. :laugh:

Sorry Aly, I think I may have missed some news about Layla - is she ok? :flowers:

Layla was born with bi-lateral talipes (Clubfeet), dislocated/hyperextended right hip and knee, two amputated and partly amputated fingers due to Abdominal band syndrome and VSD (hole in the heart). She is currently undergoing treatment Ponseti methodwhich involves full leg casts changed weekly and then an operation to cut the tendons (Tenotomy) behind her heel to allow her feet to achieve a more normal orientation.

Layla is sneaky! She tenses her legs when being cast and then relaxes and wriggles her legs up inside the next day which then jams them in the wrong places making her sore and necessitates a quick run back to the Nuffield hospital to have them removed/replaced.

They have now found that she has webbed toes on one foot - so she should be a fast swimmer eh?

She has a busy week next week and the week after as she is having her first Plastic Surgery consultation for her fingers on 1st Sept.

We are so lucky to have the three of them living at home with us, you would be amazed how good the dogs are with her - she is probably the most loved baby in the whole wide world :biggrin:

Layla was born with bi-lateral talipes (Clubfeet), dislocated/hyperextended right hip and knee, two amputated and partly amputated fingers due to Abdominal band syndrome and VSD (hole in the heart). She is currently undergoing treatment Ponseti methodwhich involves full leg casts changed weekly and then an operation to cut the tendons (Tenotomy) behind her heel to allow her feet to achieve a more normal orientation.

Layla is sneaky! She tenses her legs when being cast and then relaxes and wriggles her legs up inside the next day which then jams them in the wrong places making her sore and necessitates a quick run back to the Nuffield hospital to have them removed/replaced.

They have now found that she has webbed toes on one foot - so she should be a fast swimmer eh?

She has a busy week next week and the week after as she is having her first Plastic Surgery consultation for her fingers on 1st Sept.

We are so lucky to have the three of them living at home with us, you would be amazed how good the dogs are with her - she is probably the most loved baby in the whole wide world :biggrin:

Bless her :wub: I hope all goes well with her treatments :flowers:

I was born with dislocated hips. It wasn't diagnosed for some time (this is going back rather a long time) but I do vaguely remember seeing photos of me as a baby with casts all the way up my legs. I think I was about six months when they worked out what was up.

It seems to have given me unusual flexibility in my hips in some ways - I remember going to yoga classes a few years back and finding some of the exercises incredibly easy! :laugh:

Bless her :wub: I hope all goes well with her treatments :flowers:

I was born with dislocated hips. It wasn't diagnosed for some time (this is going back rather a long time) but I do vaguely remember seeing photos of me as a baby with casts all the way up my legs. I think I was about six months when they worked out what was up.

It seems to have given me unusual flexibility in my hips in some ways - I remember going to yoga classes a few years back and finding some of the exercises incredibly easy! :laugh:

Cool Swimming and Yoga, oh yes and Guitar playing/Drumming

she will be able to do all that stuff.

She is 4 weeks old today :)

Hello one and all from across the pond.....

Hope everyone is doing well.....we are very very hot in sunny san antonio Tx, hit 109 last week,,,, ahhh

Finish training on friday then off to florida on sat to start all the fun and get settled in our new home!!!

will try and get pics up once we get florida ......

We are so lucky to have the three of them living at home with us, you would be amazed how good the dogs are with her - she is probably the most loved baby in the whole wide world biggrin.gif

One of my sisters friends was born with club feet. She had the same sort of op and it was amazing to see the difference. She is now in her 60s. So medicine has advanced an awful lot since then. Hope all goes well.

Hello one and all from across the pond.....

Hope everyone is doing well.....we are very very hot in sunny san antonio Tx, hit 109 last week,,,, ahhh

Finish training on friday then off to florida on sat to start all the fun and get settled in our new home!!!

will try and get pics up once we get florida ......

Hiya Heva. wavey.gif

Lucy is booked in for a scan at the vets tomorrow. Hopefully we will know what is wrong. She has still got a temperature and has lost another 1/2 kilo sad.gif I feel sick.

Please think "nothing nasty" thoughts for my gentle girlie.

Edited by greys mum