UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Luffley Noo Girls

chickentikka

A few weeks ago I was due to pick up 4 ex batts from Little Hen Rescue but the transport from Norfolk to Northamptonshire fell through at the last minute :mecry: and they didn't know when their next rescue would be :mecry: :mecry: I had been saving for ages and bought a purple cube with extension, food and everyfink. Then I was accepted by the Battery Hen Welfare Trust and today I went to just outside Coventry queued for aaaages until I got my girls :wub:

Please meet Angel, Diva, Posy and Melody :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: (I was stuck for the last name until my baby piggie went home yesterday :rolleyes: )

004-3.jpg

Apparantly all the girls rescued today came from a battery farmer who only kept 3 or 4 to a cage rather than 6 or more, so they have feathers.

They've had a couple of hours in the run and seemed to get the hang of scratching about after 5 minutes of just standing looking around in bewilderment. I have just had to lift them up to bed for the night, much to their disgust :laugh: and tucked them up safely.

Last night's wine was Di's fault, these four fall into the Bejo made me do it category :biggrin:

:partytime: You didn't even tell me! How can it be my fault? :laugh:

I'm muchly jealous. I'd love a Cube :wub:

Your girls look to be in fairly good condition. I remember the sky is falling in feelings well. Mine have been here for eight weeks now and are loving every minute of their new lives. My Maud is so special, I don't know what I'd do without her and it breaks my heart to think of how they suffered before they came here :mecry:

Enjoy your girls, they're amazing :wub:

I'll take a pic tomorrow but it's an eglu cube with the extra extension in purple :D

:pinkie: :pinkie: I'm just so happy, I have wanted a few chooks for years and thought it wasn't possible, but it is :biggrin:

Oh how cute is that,deeply envious,would also love to have some chooks but not a hope in hell with Daisy around :rolleyes: nor with my postage size garden :(

How small is small? I always thought my garden was too tiny but I have squeezed in three ex-batts and they seem very happy. Go on, give it a go :flowers:

Well - I could take 4 or 5 paces and I'd be at the bottom of the garden :( .... and even if I could squeeze some in it's a new(ish) house and when we signed the contracts the solicitor said something about not keeping pigs or chickens for 10 years :wacko: The 10 years will soon be up though :)