UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Scan

Amanda Jvv

A lot of you know the ups and downs of the last 3 weeks and thank you again for your suppport. Last night I started bleeding really heavily and was completely freaked out about it (especially given what happened 3 weeks ago). Went to A&E and was basically told by the Dr that any pains or discomfort I felt are just psychological because I am pregant. Needless to say this didn't sit well with me. I tried to get a scan today to make sure all was ok. The Dr however had written on my notes to scan only in 1 week and so epu wouldn't budge. I was supposed to wait and wonder if the baby was still ok for a week!! I would have gone insane.

We managed to find a private place that fit me in for a scan. I am so glad I did. We got pictures, heard the heartbeat and got loads of information about signs of normal bleeding and why your body feels a bit tender/ sore in places with the uterus pushing things out the way etc. Way more information than I ever got from 3 different Drs I saw before. Everything really a first time mum needs to know in early days AND everything I NEEDED to know given the huge shock of being told I miscarried 3 weeks ago so am terrified of it happening now. I know bleeding is very normal however the quantity shocked me and was so similar to 3 weeks ago expect for clotting. I was home alone but remember in all my panic the sweetest thing was me sobbing in the bath and the dogs and Polly cat came and sat right up against the bath. Dogs looking in and Polly meowing and meowing at me as if to check on me! (Failing that she was hungry and couldn't be bothered with my fussing! :laugh: )

Anyway I am definitely 8 weeks along and baby is doing well and is growing at an alarming rate. It's now 16mm! In the scan (not so much the photos) you can tell the head as well as buds which will become limbs.

It's still early days but heartbeats are good signs. Please send lots of 'happy healthy baby pregnancy' thoughts please for 'no more big frights'!

369624430.jpg

369624426.jpg

Amanda

So many women bleed at various stages in their pregnancy. My mum said she still had almost like a mini period every month when she was pregnant with my brother and I guess as you're 8 weeks now that's what happened to you.

Keep on growing mini-Amanda :wub:

Loads of positive thoughts for a fright free and healthy pregnancy :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

With my last one, (who was my 4th,) I had normal periods for the first 5 months. Don't know why I did a pregnacy test when I couldn't eat my favourite cheese without being sick, but that was the way I found out I was pregnant!! He is now nearly 15, is 6ft plus and calls me shorty, I am 5' 7"!!!! :ohmy: :rolleyes:

Edited by greys mum

Amanda, I miscarried at 13 weeks and was terrified of the same happening when I got pregnant with Ellis. Bceause of previous miscarriage, they scanned me regularly and I did have a couple of minor [but scary] bleeds early in the pregnancy.

You really must take it easy and don't be fobbed off my Doctors who think thy know best. It's your baby and your body, you know it better than anyone else.

Take care of yourself and take folic acid if you're not doing so already. :GroupHug: