UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Swine Flu

one.eyed.dog

No, but all four of us are capable of caring for them in an emergency (even my youngest whose 12 can feed, water and throw a ball in the garden if necessary). There is a confirmed case at my kids school too, and one at a school we are running workshops at next week, so odds are my boss will bring back a few germs with him :(

3 of our physio's have it at work and to be honest there are quite a few people round here with it, none at Harry's junior school but quite a few at the senior school. Think it is just a matter of time before most people will get it unfortunately. Have quite a few mates who have offered to help if we get struck down and I have offered back accordingly.

the important thing to remember is that it is flu, we lose hundreds of elderly and frail people to flu each year and no one panics, this flu is no different and should be treated as "regular" flu unless you are elderly or have underlying health issues.

zico's mum, you have us and we will all make sure both you and the dogs are fine :wub:

I don't know why the 'swine flu' what happens if I get it :( surely it's the same whatever illness you might get. More people have been killed on the roads in the last week than have died of swine flu in this country, swine flu is not responsible for any more deaths than in a normal seasonal flu outbreak. The vast majority of people who get swine flu are fine after a few days feeling grotty just like normal flu.

I don't know why the 'swine flu' what happens if I get it :( surely it's the same whatever illness you might get. More people have been killed on the roads in the last week than have died of swine flu in this country, swine flu is not responsible for any more deaths than in a normal seasonal flu outbreak. The vast majority of people who get swine flu are fine after a few days feeling grotty just like normal flu.

I'm not in the least bit worried about dying, but I would worry about the rabbits going into gut stasis without a regular supply of food if I was really too wobbly to get to them. I've only had flu once, about 30 years ago, and I know that I'd appreciate having some help if I felt that grotty again.

Nope, nothing set up but I am sure that the girls would help out, you're only meant to feel icky for a few days, as with normal flu so I am sure it would be fine, although I do have asthma so if I did get it may be more prone to something nasty as a result :unsure: ah well! :laugh: