UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Musing On Life

Tobleronie

Sat here thinking that I will remember the death of Michael Jackson because this year for me is a milestone I am 50 and remembering when Elvis died I was 18 and I got to thinking would I have wanted my life to have been any different between those two years :unsure:

In those years I had a baby, I got divorced, met a very controlling man, split up with him, met my now husband live in London when I was allways a country girl. I'm still sat here thinking would I have wanted things to have been different :unsure: I think I need to think more about it :rolleyes: Just wondered if anyone else questioned their life so far :unsure:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could question everything in mine, but if I hadn't made 139786453 wrong choices I might not have ended up in the right place for the things to happen which were most important.

I guess thats sort of what I think as well, but I wonder if I had turned another corner things might be different and do I feel good about what Ive done between 18 and 50 :unsure:

I really believe in life we ultimately end up where we are supposed to be and with who we are supposed to be with. Just our choices take us on a variety of routes to get there, some better than others.

I often ponder that question and I'm only 30! Heaven help me in 20 years!

This past week alone has made me ask myself loads of questions so it's funny you started this topic.

I'd have liked to have realised sooner that I am worth more than I was led to believe I was, but I'm not sure I could have done so I guess that's not necessarily something I could have changed.

On a slightly more trivial note, I wish I had travelled when I was younger. Though I will have better photography skills for when I do get the chance :)

I am very happy with where I am now, despite current worries, just wish we'd got here sooner and had more money :laugh:

Interesting post, this has hit a nerve with me too. I'm also 50 and I remember being on holiday in Spain for my first ever holiday sans parents when Elvis died. I don't think I really thought about what my life would be life when I was 50, but I guess we make the choices we make at the time, based on the knowledge we have at that particular time.

It's fascinating to look back at 'crossroads' moments in your life though. It would be nice to have many lifetimes so you could try out all the options but unfortunately - as far as I can tell anyway - we only get one. I think we learn something at each stage though.

I question mine all the time and I have a ongoing concern about how long I have left ( I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO I NEED WAAAAAY MORE TIME PLEASE )

I have made loads of choices , some good , some bad and some very average and dull but they each got a me step closer to where I am now and thats some where I never dreamt in a million years I would or could be

my life is odd in so many ways but it fits me

I met my husband when I was 16 years old, was engaged when I was 19 yrs old and married when I was 21yrs old. ( We did things in that order then :laughingsmiley: )and we celebrated 41 years married this year.

By choice, I spent twenty years at home, bringing up my family and indulging my passion for dogs. When my husband was made redundant I went back to work until I retired two years ago.

When I retired we moved to the far north of Scotland to a very rural area. Something we had always said we would love to do.

There are different choices that we could have made over the years but I have no regrets.

Don't know if it's an age thing or not as I'm finding myself looking back and wondering too. I really think I was meant to meet Martyn as our paths have nearly crossed a couple of times which is quite spooky. Considering we lived miles apart.

I do believe in fate. I have a lot of regrets of things that happened in my childhood and teens but it had to happen for me to be where I am now. I think we have to have experiences so that we appreciate what's important in life and understand when things are going great. I do have demons left and I should ask for help but I can't.

I wish I had had a more creative career and not just gone for a job because I had to find something. I'm stuck at a crossroads where I want to achieve something on my own and to be able to stay at home but it's proving very difficult. I have at long last found somewhere to live that I'm happy with. I have become settled for the first time in my life that way.

For me at the moment I am trying to adjust to normal life having not been able to do a lot of things for many years. I'm actually finding it tough to cope with everything (I'm trying to run before I can walk) and it's affected me in some bizarre ways. At some point I will be able to cope with everything and life is going to be fantastic.

Ive made good choices and bad, done good things, bad things and dumb things, made friends, mates and im sure a few enemies, but to be honest (and ive thought about this a few times) i wouldnt change a thing in my past as each choice/good, bad, dumb thing/friend and enemy has taught me lessons that have made me - Me and for all my faults (and i have zillions), Im happy with who i am, the family ive raised and the true friends ive made :)

Im only 27 and I do wonder if I had done things differently how much my life would have changed. One small thing like a choosing my second choice of uni would have made a hell of alot of difference. Then I think about things that have happened which have deeply hurt me but if they hadnt have happened my life would have gone in a completely different direction. I dont regret what I have done for it has made me who I am today and I kind of like me.