UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Simple Pleasures

Wendbert

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting into bed when the covers have just been washed, with a really good book, a cup of green tea and a toasted M&S cheese scone :biggrin:

Ooh, you beat me to it :laugh:

Although not the scone bit though, because then I would have to get out of bed and brush my teeth which would be too much of a fag once I was enjoying my golden moment :biggrin:

Being on hols with the dogs, taking them for a lovely long walk on the beach, getting back to the cottage, usually Swallows Dancew or Wyns cottage, and watching them zonk out :wub:

I also LOVE hanging out my washing on my rotary washing line, soooo theraputic and getting into bed with clean bedding :biggrin:

Apart from the same as Wendy, mine used to be getting up at 5am heading over to take Easta out for a ride with Mac and Abbi, heading over to the gallops. Wind in my hair, sun on my back, feeling free and like we're flying.

I miss being on that yard :(

Being out really early walking Izzie when no one else is up. The smell of my horses and Izzie, i could sniff them all day [unless Iz has rolled in muck or dead things :laugh: ]. Also suggled up to Iz although my little girl will do if Iz is busy :laugh:

Food wise, a bacon and brie baguette washed down with a couple of glasses wine :biggrin:

in the winter evenings, watching all the local starlings dash about making a grand old racket before they head off to the bridge to bed. That final whoosh and then the silence as they all go as one big cloud

similarly in egypt, the sparrows all gather and make a right din as the sun sets over the mountains next to the river nile. Then suddenly all the noise stops in an instant