UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Swine Flu - Pandemic Alert Level Raised, How Worried Are You?

snow

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's a panic! Everybody loves a good panic!

I am not panicking (though I'm thoroughly enjoying the drama), I'm leaving that to people who know more about it and can actually do something. So far as I can see there is zilch I can do about it whether its killer zombie disease or a light case of the sniffles, so no point fussing.

But it's a panic! Everybody loves a good panic!

I am not panicking (though I'm thoroughly enjoying the drama), I'm leaving that to people who know more about it and can actually do something. So far as I can see there is zilch I can do about it whether its killer zombie disease or a light case of the sniffles, so no point fussing.

Ah well now if it is a killer zombie disease I have nothing to worry about since I score Z+ for surviving a zombie apolcalypse :biggrin:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/425802

I am fed up with Sky News and their obsessive coverage of this

is there no other news in the world ?

I bet more people have died in developing countries from lack of food , wars or conflicts , lack of access to medical care or from diseases like cholera , malaria or typhoid in the last 24 hours than people have been infected with pig flu in the last month

western society is so up its own arse sometimes it makes me ashamed

When I was working in the prisons about 18 months ago, we received a letter outlining what to do in the case of pandemic flu, whether to stay home etc. Scared me witless at the time as the letter came out of nowhere and I was going, "what flu?".

Knowing therefore how long the preparations have been in place, and the fact that it's not seemingly a particularly deathly virus, I'm not all that worried. Though I'm avoiding buying and hence touching sausages for the dogs - irrational fear moment there LOL

Martyn has a dj spot over the internet and was saying there was a bunch of Mexicans on there having a gab the other night. Sadly many deaths are occurring in Mexico right now but it's not to do with flu. It's to do with drugs and there are a lot of people being murdered (by drug gangs) who are trying to get over the border into America. Allegedly. So it's no surprise to me that the figures are suddenly decreasing. There is flu certainly but there is something else going on and there is a conspiracy theory.

Edited by Jacobean

i have swine flu

the flu my swine of a husband left behind when he went to spain :rolleyes:

:biglaugh: I'm hoping he took some of it with him so you can at least have the joy of not having to put up with man flu as well which I believe is much worse

I am fed up with Sky News and their obsessive coverage of this

is there no other news in the world ?

I bet more people have died in developing countries from lack of food , wars or conflicts , lack of access to medical care or from diseases like cholera , malaria or typhoid in the last 24 hours than people have been infected with pig flu in the last month

western society is so up its own arse sometimes it makes me ashamed

such a true statement Sam. :flowers:

I'm sure there is plenty of new in the world at the moment. *wonders what is being buried on page 34 of the papers as this covers the front pages*

Martyn has a dj spot over the internet and was saying there was a bunch of Mexicans on there having a gab the other night. Sadly many deaths are occurring in Mexico right now but it's not to do with flu. It's to do with drugs and there are a lot of people being murdered (by drug gangs) who are trying to get over the border into America. Allegedly. So it's no surprise to me that the figures are suddenly decreasing. There is flu certainly but there is something else going on and there is a conspiracy theory.

do the Mexicans think there is a conspiracy theory about flu deaths in Mexico ?

All the 'clean your hands without water' gels were gone in Tesco this morning......

I've already got those, I keep one in my bag to use if I have to pick up dog pooh/put it in the pooh bin - obviously using a bag but I feel unclean for the rest of the walk if I don't use one of those gels!