UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

snow

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad fecker, needs to get a life, I earn more than enough for all my needs, wouldn't make money when I didn't need it. I wil find out at somepoint.

Good for you :flowers:

Sir H had a bit of a traumatic incident during our walk earlier :unsure: We'd stopped off at the green at the end of our walk so I could play fetch with Wiggle. Sir H has no interest in such activities and prefers to lie on the grass and watch (disdainfully, most of the time). Sometimes Sir H likes to have a roll in the grass and today was no exception. Except he didn't take into account that he was at the top of the slopey bit and was rather shocked when he realised he was rolling downhill Apart from looking a bit shocked, he soon regained his composure

:wub: :laugh: Sir H

My RMF of the day is that our new colleague at work, who is not over-burdened with people skills and has come in like a stormtrooper and trampled over everyone - and regularly has the younger girls upset and close to tears - referred to me as a 'weirdo' in an email to my boss today, because I've said I'm not going on the team night out (big drinking night out in town and not my cup of tea at all). Her desire to alienate all her co-workers knows no bounds :laugh:

I don't think she likes me because I'm too old to get involved in her silly games and I'm not frightened of her. She is going the right way about setting herself up for a full and frank exchange of views with me shortly :rolleyes:

I'm off now to make a cup of tea in my cheery rainbow mug and watch that easy-listening Sarah Lancashire thing about a choir. Weird, or what

Some people just don't get it do they? :rolleyes:

Excuse me while I scream! AAAAAAAAArRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I just spent the last hour and a half doing tesco online shopping and fecking virgin media went down and I lost it all! :angry:

I can't even be bothered to go and do it all again but I dont have time to go and DO the shopping either. :mecry:

:GroupHug:

Then the outlaw with the full mask drawls "Make my day, half-breed bitch",

:laugh: :wub:

:GroupHug: Neo

Morning :flowers:

Bit nervous now :unsure:

morning. it was a beautiful day here at 7am but now its gone all overcast and grey.

I have just had to pick up the remains of a pigeon or collard dove that either the sparrowhawk or buzzard ate in the garden somewhere in the last hour :(

Last night we had a bit of exitment, but not the type I like. :mellow:

Next door is a lovely old house that has gone to wrack and ruin, all the local yobs get in even though it has been boarded up. Anyway, last night some kind person set it alight. :angry:

Two fire engines turned up, we have our own retained fire engine in the village but the ones that came, after about 20 mins came from 5 miles away.

When the fireman tried to put the hose on the hydrant outside our house he could not because it was so full of muck and gunge he could not attache it.

Luckily they had enough water on the two vehicles to put the fire out. :wacko:

The house was reboarded up, for about 5 mins I expect. It is only about 20 feet from us so you can imagine I was just a little concerned. The house needs to be demolished before it happens again. Just as well it was not in the middle of the night or I might not have been writing this.

This morning I have had a rigt go at the council about the fire hydrant and the state of the old house. It could have been so much worse

Barbara

Will text her.

She's going to call you later :flowers:

I am now cooking dog treats 'cause my friend texted me while I was out, 'cause she wants some tomorrow, and I'm a wonderfully kind, thoughtful person

:biggrin:

I have grown some very fine huge purple radishes of which I am enormously proud. One of the things I did today when I was just-about-to-do-the-boring-work-but-not-quite-this-minute was take photos of them . If you are all *very* good, I may be persuaded not to bore you with them. :laughingsmiley:

Yum radishes!! Just put the pics up :wink:

have been to B&Q to collect garden trellis stuff to use as substitute ring gates, walked dogs, been for a swim and now having breakfast at work :biggrin:

Blimey :wacko: I've got up, let the dogs out for a wee, spent 45 minutes trying to phone the doctors (still not got past the answerphone :angry: ) and that's about it :laugh:

Last night we had a bit of exitment, but not the type I like. :mellow:

Next door is a lovely old house that has gone to wrack and ruin, all the local yobs get in even though it has been boarded up. Anyway, last night some kind person set it alight. :angry:

Two fire engines turned up, we have our own retained fire engine in the village but the ones that came, after about 20 mins came from 5 miles away.

When the fireman tried to put the hose on the hydrant outside our house he could not because it was so full of muck and gunge he could not attache it.

Luckily they had enough water on the two vehicles to put the fire out. :wacko:

The house was reboarded up, for about 5 mins I expect. It is only about 20 feet from us so you can imagine I was just a little concerned. The house needs to be demolished before it happens again. Just as well it was not in the middle of the night or I might not have been writing this.

This morning I have had a rigt go at the council about the fire hydrant and the state of the old house. It could have been so much worse

Barbara

cripes :GroupHug: you have had a huge shock and need to take it easy for a few days :flowers:

did the council give you any reassurances ? maybe having a chat with your local paper would help get the matter sorted quicker

Aargh, barb! Thank goodness your house wasn't affected, but it must have been very scary.

Was at the park with the usual gang this morning when we saw a notice pinned on the board by a local action group, saying that dog control orders are coming soon to Carmarthenshire, and giving an evening number to call. The control order will mean that dogs have to be on lead in all public places in Carmarthenshire with automatic fines for anyone with an offlead dog.

I don't think this is Chinese whispers, as a council officer in the park office made a comment to someone reporting a lost dog (not gone far and quickly found) that very soon no one would be able to lose a dog. I'm going to call the number this evening to get all the facts and evidence, and if this is indeed the case I will start a separate thread.

Good thing we got the number, as shortly afterwards a council officer removed the notice.

:ohmy: Barb - I hope that the council get it sorted quickly :GroupHug:

Was at the park with the usual gang this morning when we saw a notice pinned on the board by a local action group, saying that dog control orders are coming soon to Carmarthenshire, and giving an evening number to call. The control order will mean that dogs have to be on lead in all public places in Carmarthenshire with automatic fines for anyone with an offlead dog.

I don't think this is Chinese whispers, as a council officer in the park office made a comment to someone reporting a lost dog (not gone far and quickly found) that very soon no one would be able to lose a dog. I'm going to call the number this evening to get all the facts and evidence, and if this is indeed the case I will start a separate thread.

Good thing we got the number, as shortly afterwards a council officer removed the notice.

Phebe - I've just spoken to Fi and she's told me about this. I'll drop you a PM :err: