UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love pub quizzes. We went to one and everyone paid a fiver to enter but got a curry included.

Hm. Not heard of that one before.

Dylan and I have just sent a Very Important Email to Kong World Headquarters concerning the durability of their floating toys :rolleyes:

We took his new floating Kong Wubba down the beach today to throw in the sea. He LOVED it, but afte ronly a few throws the fabric started to split and I reckon it's not got many walks left in it :(

He is so hard on toys :rolleyes:

Not teaching me to suck eggs at all - I'll take any advice I can get! :flowers: We do have a darts team with our locals, we can't have a pool team until the guy in the next village gives up being landlord of that pub (long story...very frustrating), we do food for the local footie team after their matches, they don't want to do the dominoes and snookers not around here at the moment. The darts has been great for us getting new people to visit the pub, even if it means every other week when the team is away we have a quiet night.

I hadn't thought of getting the students involved in teams, as they come and go irregularly each month, but I will definitely think about doing some one-off pool and darts competitions.

A few have turned up now, and a load are hopefully coming down Saturday for the rugby.

We're just so horribly short of cash at the mo we really can't afford to not have a big week :( .

Folk/traditional music session? I don't know if you need a music licence for a session where people aren't being paid, I'm not au fait with current rules.

Does anyone know if it's OK to use WD40 on a stiff car door lock? :unsure:

Thank you Mrs B :flowers:

Some good ideas there I will ponder.

another gd idea is to get links in with your local ramblers group-they often do mid week walks and like to have somewhere to park/get a decent lunch and be accepted in muddy walking boots!

my local group normally has about 15 peeps and when i walked regularly everyone had a pint and something to eat....one pub also had an area we could hang up waterproofs etc to start drying out-so that made it Very popular

they also let us have the back room for committee meetings/AGM and would lay on tea/sandwiches for a gd rate

fee

Evening.

As you can see I'm pricing up rock cakes. Not!

And washing up, making sandwiches, and other important stuff. Not!!!!!!

ELEFAN! I've had to cover Mr Tigger's eyes, and ban him to the settee. Just going looking for the "Protect from Children" setting that I believe is on this PC somewhere ..................... :laugh:

What has HLGS been up to now? :unsure:

Dearest Tigger

I'm sorry if I haff offended your sensibilities in any way. Please still consider me for TiggerSnogs.

Love

Auntie Elefan

xxxx

I have been out to Chippenham and come back - I now have prescription sunglasses with my current prescription in them *yippee* I also bought a little black shrug to wear with my "ball" dress which I am wearing to the wedding reception next week and Rob spotted a lovely greeny coloured shirt in the sale so I nabbed that too :biggrin: what he doesn't know is that after he left me and went to work I nipped into the party shop and bought myself a red glittery sparkly cowboy hat to wear when watching the rugby tonight :laugh: :laugh: finished off by buying really real cornish pastys for tea and a lamb & mint one for my lunch :biggrin: