UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wavey: Hellllllo :) Long time no see :wacko: I hope everyone is doing well :flowers:

I've been a very busy bee the last 2 months, had a temporary job working lots of hours :wacko: Great news is they have decided to keep me on! I have rejoined the land of the employed! :elefant: The job is going really well and I'm enjoying it loads...though am tireder than tired come home time :rolleyes:

Congratulations Ingi :partytime:

this evening I have been mostly been in discussions with Mo in Sri Lanka about a Distemper outbreak that has jumped about 5km and is suddenly on MEFs doorstep

because of the amazing support we have had from the Refuge I have been able to authorise an emergency vaccination program that will start in 4 days ( it's the earliest we can get the vaccines ) offering free vaccines to any dog ( owned or strays ) we have not already vaccinated and also boosters for all pre vaccinated dogs

in an area about 7 km away from MEF where there are no vaccinated dogs their have been 18 deaths in the last 2 weeks including a beautiful puppy called Scrappy whose owners contacted Mo and I for help but sadly there was little the vets were able to do

Thank you everyone for your comments about feckwit customer. I don't know who it is, though I have my suspicions, and I'm not going to ask around. Unless I have definite info and it's very serious muckspreading I let that kind of thing go as it's more trouble than it's worth.

It sounds like such a little thing - saying we are prioritising visiting students over locals - but for a start, we weren't and for a second said visiting students are financial lifeblood of this pub. Without them, we close and the people in this village have nothing at all. Pure and simple.

Tonight, for example, we have had about 5 locals in early on who all left before 9 and didn't spend much. At 9.01 a bunch of lovely CAT students rolled in for a blow out and are rescuing what would have been a dismal night takings wise.

Very occasionally I get a bit :wacko: by a few of the people I now spend a lot of time with. I have very little in common with them but normally we get on fine as locals / landlords. Sometimes, however, their ignorant narrowmindedness gets to me :mad: This is one of those times...

Rant over. Thank you :flowers:

p.s. Michelle - very very bestest of luck for the interview, I really think this is the one for you :GroupHug:

this evening I have been mostly been in discussions with Mo in Sri Lanka about a Distemper outbreak that has jumped about 5km and is suddenly on MEFs doorstep

because of the amazing support we have had from the Refuge I have been able to authorise an emergency vaccination program that will start in 4 days ( it's the earliest we can get the vaccines ) offering free vaccines to any dog ( owned or strays ) we have not already vaccinated and also boosters for all pre vaccinated dogs

in an area about 7 km away from MEF where there are no vaccinated dogs their have been 18 deaths in the last 2 weeks including a beautiful puppy called Scrappy whose owners contacted Mo and I for help but sadly there was little the vets were able to do

I hope the quick vaccine campaign stops it quickly. Seeing how quickly Dogstar can react and try to fix the problem makes me so proud to be a member here. Fugees really pulled together when it was most needed and this auction will make it possible to do so much more. What a great place to be :)

Morning! :wavey:

I've been reading RMF for the last few days but didn't have time to reply as well :wacko:

Cheryl - sorry you were in the middle of it all, but boy you handing in your notice wasn't half exciting! Who needs telly with story lines like that on the Refuge! Hope you gonna enjoy your new job - what will you be doing that involves speaking German as well?

Jules - nice one for the union rep! Hope your work is finally gonna see the light, or will that be too much to ask? :unsure:

Michelle - good luck with the interview, sounds positive! :flowers:

Greys mum - hope you'll get better soon!

ranirottie - :flowers: hope you're feeling better soon too, mate, you're really going through the wars at the moment. Keep thinking of the camping weekend! :)

Rumpole - Ouch! that looks painful.

Helly - more bestest 'stay well' wishes to your dad

HLGS - Dogstar is just amazing!! :biggrin: :biggrin: You're saving lives out there, respect! :flowers:

Sorry to whoever I've forgot, please take :GroupHug: :wink: :flowers: :ohmy: as needed!

RMF: It's Friiiiiiidaaaaaayyyy!!!!! This week has gone so quick, I hope that today in the office goes just as quick! I'll be having some mad driving and running around to do tomorrow and on Sunday we'll be meeting loads of people for a day out in Hardcastle Crags, yay :yay:!!

Thank feck it's Friday :rolleyes: I'm at the study centre tomorrow for the last day of study on this particular module and then I'd best get stuck into studying, cos the exam's on 24th March and I've not done an awful lot so far :rolleyes:

Di - thinking positive thoughts for your dad's results and hoping he can enjoy his three months of freedom :flowers:

Sue Greysmum - pleased you have been to the hospital :flowers:

Melf - ouch! :GroupHug:

Sam - how sad about all those dogs dying :( but just think how many more it could have been without Dogstar's efforts :flowers:

morning all :wavey:

I am going to the hairdressers today for a hair cut , this is long overdue so I may be some time :wacko:

next week I am going in to London to visit various people about possible future work. Given the current economic situation it may be a lot tougher than last year to pick up contracts but at least my hair will look good :laugh:

Hows every one else ?