UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rmf January 2009

boosboss

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday Alex :wink:

Michelle, good luck with the job. Just had email back about the SP one and they need someone full time. :rolleyes: There may be another one coming up that is 12-4 doing general admin, but its based at the Stockton Heath office - is that too far for you?

Adam has finally been offered a promotion at work, He has been at the company for 6 years since he was 17 and has worked so hard. The new position is in a different department which he has been trying to get in for ages. They advertised his role internally, the salary is £2k more than Adam is so he has been expecting a bit of a boost with this new role (and was promised it too!).

However he got his letter yesterday and its the same pay he is on now, but he gets a company car and we have worked out he will be worse off as he will get taxed more on the car. He was in a crap mood last night and doesnt know how they can offer him a new role on the same money yet his old job is being offered at more :unsure: He's gone in today and I think he is going to turn down the offer.

I ma going to investigate counselling further today. I know I seem like I blame my parents for a lot but I know its my responsibility as well, but I think I just need to offload stuff to a stranger rather than bore people who know me about it. (BTW, I have text and emailed my mum but I haven;t heard a peep from her when I called her on New Year's DAy to wish her a happy birthday when she told me I had ruined everyone's Xmas - so I am trying!)

Happy Anniversary, Spins! :)

I think it was you who said your grandchild was too big for his new clothes? my son has the opposite problem with little Ajay..(Aidan James), although he weighed 6lb 12, all the newborn stuff they bought swamps him and they've had to go out and buy more things in a "tiny baby" size!

Foul weather here, been throwing it down for hours. :snorkle: At least it's rain and not snow.

Just saw your post Claz..re the roses...divide them equally, half down his throat and the other half where the sun don't shine! :laugh: I do think you were rather optimistic though, thinking a rugby fan would be happy to miss the matches for something as mundane as Valentines Day!

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Spins :cheer:

I have had a lovely evening with my 2 lodgers, it's working out better than I could ever have hoped.

RMQ: Matt is a castle bore. Castlespotter or whatever they call themselves. So for Valentines I booked a hotel where we could go and see Leeds Castle and Eltham Palace. I have just been told it's the Six Nations that weekend and to expect him to be spending a fair bit of time glued to a TV somewhere. Do I shove the roses he will, undoubtably, fail to buy me, down his throat or up his bum? :rolleyes:

Glad the lodger situation is so good :biggrin:

If Matt doesn't buy you roses, then there is no dilema! Perhaps you could use a rugby ball instead :laugh: (

although being a rugby fan myself I can't be too hard on him wanting to watch the 6 nations!

Lots of inexpensive car thoughts Alex

Adam is 13 today :biggrin:

Happy Birthday Adam :jammin:

:GroupHug: Cheryl and Adam

Morning all

I'm a bit glum otday as my car won't be repaired following the accident :mecry: I've had my car for 8 years, we've had lots of fun, frolics, tears and laughter together. She was my *freedom* car and we'd go everywhere together, tis very sad...I know she's just a car, but she was MY car until some careless idiot crashed into her.

Now I have to look at getting another car :(

Claz it will all depend on what nationality he is ... if he's English then if I were you I'd get him in the morning, before kick off, when hes desperate to please and see the game, make sure he understand no pressies & no card = no rugby go for a romantic meal the day BEFORE valentines as I'm afraid he won't be in the mood to celebrate or be romantic after Wales beat England - however if he's Welsh then you can go ahead and plan a really nice meal and know that whatever you want will be granted as he'll be in a fantastic mood and will deny you nothing :laugh:

If he's Scottish well thats a difficult one, if they win he'll be bouncing off the walls with happiness and your night will be filled with much drinking and carousing, but if they lose.... your only hope is that they put up a really good fight and go down kicking and screaming (most likely result) then he will be dissapointed but still pleased with their performance so all will be well.

If he's French .... just hope they don't get stuffed by the Scots or it will be the end of the world time for him :laugh:

:flowers: Thank you all for your good thoughts for me and for Willa, especially as you don't 'see' much of me anymore. It's lovely to know that so many people who met Willa thought her special too :wub:

I am sure she once again doing this, probably with added squirrels!!

Dogsrunning1stNov03enhanced.jpg