UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rmf January 2009

boosboss

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have received some awful awful news this afternoon, one of Nicks closest friends who he went all through school with, went to his first sci fi convention with, and who remained amongst his very close circle of best mates, was murdered on Sunday by her exboyfriend who then killed himself. Nick and his friends are in shock and naturally are completely devastated, she was such a lovely girl, so very sweet and gentle, the sort of girl who would never ever have hurt a fly, it's sensless and tragic and utterly utterly sad. Nick is just beside himself with grief as are all of the "gang" they will miss her terribly.

I'm so sorry to hear that snow. My heart goes out to them all. :GroupHug:

I'm going to apply for that job. If it's where I think it is I can walk there.

I've been talking to an agency who want to see me tomorrow. I'm already registered with them. I've warned the lady I am a complete scruff bag. I've deliberately not had my hair cut cos we can't afford it. One haircut is me before I get a job so I was leaving it until something surfaced. Anyways she laughed and said she's not bothered. We'll be updating my info and discussing a job she has on her books that I'm quite interested in. I'm over qualified for it but it gets my foot back on the ladder of work if they'll take me on. It's a temp role. So I'm getting my hair cut on Thursday just incase I'm called up for an interview.

Wendy I hope you're ok. :GroupHug:

Edited by Jacobean

We moved into our house 6 months ago on Thursday. Its flown :D

We finally had broadband and sky+ installed today. I am so pleased! The internet is very slow, but I am not in college tonight and Most Haunted is on! WOO!

I have just taken Henry to the vets for the first time in months. He got up this morning with a wonky head and shaking his head. He has an inflammed ear drum and he was crying in pain as the vet tried to look at it, so cue me bursting into loud tears. I hate it when he's in pain :mecry: he's been given some ear drops (any tips on hopw to get them in??) and antibiotics. If it hasnt improved in two weeks, he has to have his ears drained again.

I was panicking as well cos i have £12 to last till next Friday and they let me pay a tenner, then they will take the rest next week when I get paid from work. I'm so so so grateful to them :sleep:

I've also had an email from Hilary. *sigh*

Gentle squishes for Henry :GroupHug:

We have received some awful awful news this afternoon, one of Nicks closest friends who he went all through school with, went to his first sci fi convention with, and who remained amongst his very close circle of best mates, was murdered on Sunday by her exboyfriend who then killed himself. Nick and his friends are in shock and naturally are completely devastated, she was such a lovely girl, so very sweet and gentle, the sort of girl who would never ever have hurt a fly, it's sensless and tragic and utterly utterly sad. Nick is just beside himself with grief as are all of the "gang" they will miss her terribly.

Thinking of their friends and family (of both the girl and her ex, must be a horrible shock for his family too) :(

Michelle - good luck with the job :flowers: