UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone In Carmarthenshire - Please Help

loobie

We are back. Thanks for posting, Sarah, I think I sent a text to you by accident :laugh: but at least it reached a Fugee and got posted.

Difficult weather for a search, drizzly and misty. Woodford Lane has a few houses and a farm at the top, then goes into a narrow concrete track which is signed "unsuitable for motor vehicles" and leads to some more farms. 4wd only I think. I wouldn't have taken my car down there. We walked quite a way down but the concrete was so slimy underfoot with a thin layer of cattle slurry in places that I came back and decided to concentrate on asking at houses rather than risk going further and walking back in poor light.

Lesley and Dibs went to search as well but seem to have got garbled directions and came back home as too late to do much today. I think I will leave that track to Lesley's 4wd.

Lianne will be there first thing tomorrow.

The area we are looking in has well-fenced fields, mostly empty, some further down with sheep. behind the farms at the bottom of the slippery slope is an area of heathland and trees.

My journey was not pointless as I stuck a notice with phone numbers on the filling station door, and also spoke to the farmer on whose fields he was last seen as well as other local residents.

He is a pound dog travelling to rescue, so may have a photo, I don't know yet. He is a big golden fawn lad, smooth coated, about 10 months old.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I live south of Haverfordwest - I will forward this on to a friend who's family farm in the Narbeth/Templeton area which I think is in the Robeston Wathen area in Pembrokeshire.

Owl will pm you to find out what's what and see if I can come and help tomorrow morning ........

Sandra

If anyone needs a location, Woodford Lane leads towards the Canaston Woods and Blackpool Mill area - might be a few 'trippers' in the area walking dogs etc tomorrow now the holidays have started. The woods will at least provide plenty of cover, if that's where he's in the area of. I will hopefully be along tomorrow to help with the search.

and Leanne if you're reading this, I will give you a ring in the morning on you're mob - too late to ring you now .....

Sandra

Edited by raceylacy

what a dreadful accident , well done all the searchers and hopefully this lad will be found soon

if anyone who knows the area well can give a postcode we can get a map up in case other fugees are able to offer help or support

SA67 and it's Pembrokeshire not Camarthen - Robeston Wathen is close to Narberth just off the A40 ............ Have alerted my friend who's family farm all around that area and she will be alerting all those that area to keep an eye out ....

Sandra

Hazel, the Doglost co-ord for Pembs, has returned home after a couple of days away. I've given her the relevant numbers so she is likely to be making contact with people shortly. She is not far from Haverfordwest and knows the area pretty well. She tells me there is a dog training club in Llandewi Velfrey who might help.

If he is still missing this weekend (really really hope he isn't) Jack and I will join the search on our way to Newport as we pass through there, will keep in contact with Phebe and work out where we're going ... although hopefully we won't be needed as this boy will be safe soon :flowers: