UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone In Carmarthenshire - Please Help

loobie

My friend knows Dickie at the garage (where the dog did the 'runner' so has phoned him and asked him to spread the word (hopefully add a bit of impact!) and rung round all her farmer friends in that area - so finger's x'd that's covered, so should there be any sightings we have a chain of contact. The woods are quite vast, so bit like looking for a needle in a haystack so would think very much relying on sightings. Trouble is there is so many different directions he could wander off in and it's very rural here! :(

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raceylacey you are a star! That is exactly the kind of networking we need. We can't do much more than spread the word until we have some sightings. When we know where he is, there are enough of us within reach who can help to catch him. I have access to a dog trap if we need one.

Radio Pembrokeshire put out appeals for lost dogs - here is their website - they are based in Narberth http://www.radiopembrokeshire.com - they call it 'Pembrokeshire Pet Patrol'

and this is the Dog Warden: http://www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/content.as...1&Language=

.... if someone who has all the details would like to contact them, although it may have already been covered :unsure:

Will print out the poster and drop off at the local vets in town tomorrow .......

Sandra :)

Edited by raceylacy

Thanks v much Sandra, have left details for DW though probably Lianne will have done it, and will chase up Radio Pembs a bit later. Just been looking at the area on satellite map. I reckon I can get round the other farms by taking a different route and avoiding Woodford Lane. Back out tomorrow or Weds.

Pheobe why not just phone all the farms. It would be far more cost effective. Have you phoned Waurnbricks kennels ?

Been done yesterday by raceylacey's friend who knows most of the landowners and farmers. Lianne phoned Waunbricks on Sunday. Raceylacey has spoken to the Pembs Hunt who will be on the lookout. Others have been phoning businesses, raceylacey has done vets. We have networked to the max. What we need now is for sightings to come in.

Zilch :( I've just come back from the area, done a recce of another likely bit and planned who I am going to contact next. I'll be down again probably Tues. There are a number of mixed woods with plenty of game and shelter and streams everywhere. As long as he leaves the sheep alone, he can live there indefinitely and quite possibly never be seen unless he want to be. This is good news because he will probably manage OK, but bad news because he is going to be very hard to find. I need to talk to raceylacey to update where I've been, and then we can think about our next move.

One problem is that a wood which is a very likely place for him to be is on private land, with a permissive footpath but a strict No Dogs rule. I can't find anything in woodland without my spotted sidekick.

One problem is that a wood which is a very likely place for him to be is on private land, with a permissive footpath but a strict No Dogs rule. I can't find anything in woodland without my spotted sidekick.

That's a bummer - do you think if you could find out who owned the land and contacted them to explain, they might consider making an exception for people looking for this dog?

Hoping he is found soon.