UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dharma Hurt - Ocd?

KathyM

Well, I need a plan B folks. She's home, and she's not been x-rayed. When I rang at 3 they said they'd had an emergency come in but that she was just being put under then. They then rang at 4 and said the emergency op was still going on and could get her immediately. Turned up ten minutes later, no vet on site, the nurse said she'd not been given water, food or even her sodding painkillers. She's had no pain relief all day (we were told not to give her them this morning as they would).

Get this though, their excuse is she doesn't need it. Apparently she's not cried "much" and has even wagged her tail once. She's been very good though (yeah that's cos she didn't get up, she wouldn't even get up to come see us!). When the nurse brought her out her head was down, she was crying, she was shivering, her leg was up and her tail was between her legs.

I went a bit ballistic I'm ashamed to say and said it was criminal. The vet nurse then rang the head vet who confirmed Dharma doesn't need painkillers. The vet nurse then said she hadn't done without painkillers as Rimifin isn't a painkiller, it's a (and I quote, please don't think I'm this thick) "flamtry". I'm assuming she meant anti-inflammatory. She then said she'd need pain relief over the weekend til they can see her again. So now she needs pain relief?

She has to go back on Monday for the head vet to examine her again and let us know if he thinks she needs x-rays then. This is after him saying if she has got a neck problem she needs surgery straight away to have any chance of recovery. :mecry:

I think my first step is to ring the PDSA and ask them for help to sort it out. I will need to beg a lift if I can get her in tomorrow.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have rung the PDSA in Bradford and spoken to a lovely lady (a really lovely lady). She has asked me to get Peter to fax her history to them tonight/tomorrow. Dharma is to get booked straight in if she gets worse, which is unlikely now she's had her pain relief. As far as routinely taking this further, it will be Monday, and only if they can fit us in for an appointment - so we have to ring on Monday morning. At least they will see her before if she's uncomfortable, which is great.

I don't think there's any reason to book Dharma back in at the normal vets on Monday. Not unless I want to be responsible for the way they've treated her! :mad:

This sounds most unsatisfactory to say the least. No wonder you are upset. Hope you can get this sorted out pdq.

I can only agree. :( Poor Dharma. :GroupHug:

I have rung the PDSA in Bradford and spoken to a lovely lady (a really lovely lady). She has asked me to get Peter to fax her history to them tonight/tomorrow. Dharma is to get booked straight in if she gets worse, which is unlikely now she's had her pain relief. As far as routinely taking this further, it will be Monday, and only if they can fit us in for an appointment - so we have to ring on Monday morning. At least they will see her before if she's uncomfortable, which is great.

I don't think there's any reason to book Dharma back in at the normal vets on Monday. Not unless I want to be responsible for the way they've treated her! :mad:

Sounds as though you're getting somewhere at last. :flowers:

Hope Dharma has a pain-free weekend. :GroupHug:

Sounds better than going back to the normal vets.

:GroupHug: Dharma

I'm surprised Peter didnt try and charge you for the time they've wasted, and for her hospitalisation (or however you spell it). If he has, I hope you told him where to stick that idea!

LOL, he probably has, he wasn't there and their computer was down!

Sorry Kathy, just catching up with this. Will send Reiki to the lovely Dharma too :GroupHug:

The vets sound a nightmare :( Glad you have got somewhere else to try. I think while reading through I saw mention of numbness etc., has anyone thought of acupuncture? Sorry if that has been mentioned already, I've read the thread through but may have missed it.

Kathy that sounds so wrong and unprofessional. But , if the PDSA vet can help then maybe it is for the best.

I would write down everything that has happened and consider reporting them to RCVS. I know it is very difficult to get them to act but if nobody reports vets, nothing will get done.

Acupuncture is something I read about for radial nerve injuries, and it's definitely something I'll ask about at the vets (I'm not assuming that they'll provide it of course, just that I'd like to hear if it will help). Thank you so much for the Reiki, it's much appreciated. :GroupHug:

Kathy that sounds so wrong and unprofessional. But , if the PDSA vet can help then maybe it is for the best.

I would write down everything that has happened and consider reporting them to RCVS. I know it is very difficult to get them to act but if nobody reports vets, nothing will get done.

just what i was about to say...........This is completely out of order. after working in a vets this is not normal behaviour and is very very unprofessional.....

our vets worked well past their hours some nights to finish what was booked in if there had been an emergency come in. there customers too and expect what they went in for!

This is awful way to be treated!

Thank you so much - I will seriously think about that as I am fuming - not because of her not getting her xrays, but because of her being in pain for no reason.

I'm very happy to report that after two rimifin and a paracetamol, I have made her much more comfy. She has even braved the rain for a quick wee, and (gah, norty Dharma) trotted back inside. I am absolutely certain tonight that she has a v. v. small amount of sensation in her foot as she is not righting it fully but is making much more of an attempt to. She will right it from a buckled forward ankle with her pads normal, if you get me. That's got to be a good sign - maybe this will all boil down to a good rest over Chrimbo (like most of life's problems could be sorted by!). We'll see what the PDSA say.

ps: She knows we're talking about her.