UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dharma Hurt - Ocd?

KathyM

So Sorry, missed this completely! Like everyone else I'm disgusted at the unprofessional behaviour of your vets - they should be bloody struck off and made to shovel dog sh*t for the rest of their lives! :mad:

I hope that the PDSA will be able to give Dharma the treatment she needs. I've known a couple of people who use the PDSA for their animals and they're usually very good :)

Lots of 'get well soon' wishes for Dharma! :wub: :wub:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning folks, and thanks ever so much for the messages. :GroupHug:

Ange - thanks for reminding me of them, I was considering getting one for her a while back and I think that would be the best approach now. I've emailed them to ask about whether they can do the XL with a neck clasp as I think that's the only stumbling block (and might be got around anyway). :GroupHug:

Griff - thank you ever so much, I shall measure her up! :GroupHug:

Right, now for the update. Dharma had a particularly good day yesterday, so much so she's using the leg a LOT more, and even had a gentle trot around the garden when she saw the next door neighbour (who is petrified of her lol). I seriously think rest is the answer for her now, she's much happier and more up and about. She's lifting her head a lot more and hasn't knuckled her foot since Friday, which is ace. Must be all that reiki! :GroupHug:

Oh no, hope Sully's ok? :GroupHug:

Yeah, this is where I saw the boots - no idea how good they are, but they are quite expensive (works out about £40-odd a pair). http://www.dogbootsactive.com/dogpag/dragpaw.htm

Thanks Kathy, I think I'll try them out.

I've been buying him these http://www.caninespirit.co.uk/shop/detail....amp;prodsecid=3 which are £24, but he tears them up in a couple of months, so £40 for something that lasts would be worth it.

He's not doing too well TBH, there's not much more we can try, so it's just a question of managing any pain and monitoring his quality of life. He's still enjoying his food and walks, so I think he's still happy enough at the moment.

I'm so glad to hear Dharma is improving. Fingers crossed that she continues from strength to strength!

I'm sorry he's not doing well :GroupHug: Wish I could fix him (and Dharma) when they're like this.

Dharma has improved a lot - she hasn't needed pain relief in 48 hours now and hasn't knuckled the foot since Friday. We got up yesterday to her roaching like an idiot, and she's found her bounce (which obviously we're trying to contain a bit lol). She has definitely recovered some use of her foot and is even moving her toes, so that's improved massively. She's been happy to shake her head, lift it, etc. She's still unsteady on that leg when perching for a poo :rolleyes: which has put her off pooing somewhat. Because of the massive improvement, we've held off x-rays in favour of a bit more rest, and are hoping that the vet's best diagnosis is the case - that it's just jarred. We'll see I spose!

She's feeling better enough to say no when I tell her to rest on her bed. She's got her norty back. :rolleyes: