UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Popular Breeds In Your Area

zico's mum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not that far from you Zico's Mum and we've got greyhounds :D There are 2 living on our estate and we have a BT living right opposite us with her flatcoat brother.

The 'usual suspects' on our estate are Golden Retrievers - there are 3-4 living here and 2 other Labs (that I know of).

We've got a Dalmation pup a few houses down (he's 6 mths) and 2 Field Spaniels next door. We've also got a Heinz57 -staffyX something, he'd mad as a box of frogs and Ruby loves him :wub: A CKCS, a Westie and a Cairn.

If we go to the playpark we always bump into a GSD and her collie brother - they are lovely dogs. The 'strange' labs we meet (I mean unknown to us not that they are actually strange :wink: ) are usually chocolate though.

Funny enough we bumped into a chap and his 6mth old Labradoodle tonight - he was huge and tbh just looked like an unclipped Poodle (to my untrained eye).

If we venture further to the the park at the other side of our town then we usually bump into Staffies and there was a lovely EBT who we used to see a lot, but don't so much now.

When we down at Exmouth a couple of weeks ago we met a lady with 2 Borzois and I've never seen one of those in the flesh.

And a little while ago whilst walking through town I had to do a double take as there was a chap in the Optician's with a HUGE dog which I'm sure was a Wolfhound or Deerhound. I've never seen one of those in the flesh either.

There are loads of JRTs here for some reason. More than any other breed :unsure:

also a fair few staffies

Collies

GSD's

and greyhounds [that might be my fault :rolleyes: ]

we also have a number of Bedlingtons [theres a breeder close by]

Rarer breeds [rarer to these parts anyway]

American bulldog [3 of]

Bullmastiff [only 1]

Sharpei [only 1]

Siberian Husky [there are 4 split between 3 people]

I live in a small hamlet (8 houses & 3 farms).

My next door neighbour has .. a black lab

People across the road have ...2 black labs

One of the fams has a collie and .... a black lab

Another of the farms has ... several black labs

The guy up the road has ... a black lab

I live in a small hamlet (8 houses & 3 farms).

My next door neighbour has .. a black lab

People across the road have ...2 black labs

One of the fams has a collie and .... a black lab

Another of the farms has ... several black labs

The guy up the road has ... a black lab

Your foster dog is going to feel right at home then :laugh:

Edited by lil_angel

loads of staffy x's (65% of the dogs in area) and some very large staffy x's but suspiciously pitt like

mongrels (quite a few transpennine collie types:-)..)

rotties

gsd's

labs and lab x's

collies

small terrier types

something big and fluffy..like gsd sized but much fluffier and shorter snout, probably a cross of some kind

one lonely cavalier

the lesser spotted domestic short haired feline dog (follows me and the dog on walks all the time)

Lots of staffies and staffy crosses (inc 1 staffy yorkie cross who looks like a mini staffy :wub: )

Lots of terriers (mainly JRTs but also various kinds)

Mastiff variants (eg Bull, Neopolitan)

Greyhounds/whippets

Ridgebacks

Several crossbreeds

Labs (mainly black)

Cocker and springer spaniels

Westies

Flatcoat and golden retrievers

Boxers

Collie/collie cross

2 Huskies

A couple Newfoundlands

1 Dalmation

1 Afghan hound

1 Bouvier (next door)

1 Briard

That's just who I meet on the morning walk - OH prob sees other variants when he goes out

Of these lots of rescues, inc several I have homechecked.

Edited by Maria

After Alicia's post, I've realised that most of the dogs round here are individual pets :unsure: As far as I know, there are 3 sets of pairs, but all of the others are single dogs. That seems a bit strange to me after "knowing" so many people here with 2 dogs at the very least :laugh: :rolleyes:

And now that we're taking into consideration dogs we see around as well as meet, there are quite a few greyhounds up by my mum - all of which are rescues :wub: - and South Bristol seems to be full of latchkey sharpeis at the moment. Obviously, we have some nearby numpty breeding them prolifically and then selling them to unsuitable homes :glare: