UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

Yes, very similar indeed - heva just posted me the link via RDR forum. Great clip :)

We have just had a VERY SCARY evening :ohno02: Wispa asked to go out for a p, but was afraid to go out in the back garden in extreme weather and pitch darkness. So I took her out the front on lead, and she seemed very agitated and upset. Then I saw the neighbour's kitchen which adjoins mine was a mass of flames. Neighbours opposite had already seen it and ran over shouting, and got everyone out of the house. I ran back into my house, grabbed Polly and ran through the gate with the pair of them and bunged them in the car, then went back to get the snail tanks from upstairs. There was smoke coming into my house so I stayed outside but rang Lesley TF who came over in case we needed help. 3 fire engines soon turned up and put the fire out. It was a chip pan, which explains why it went up so quickly and looked so dramatic. My very nice neighbour Jane was out for the evening and it was just her teenage sons at home. Someone decided to make chips and left the pan unattended :axehead: I was very worried about her cats, but the one who goes in and out has reported back, the outdoor one will have stayed well away, and we think the mostly-indoor one Pusspuss is hiding somewhere. The firemen say one ran out as they went to check upstairs, so we think she may have holed up in a shed. Nothing more we can do tonight, you can't find a scared black cat on a night like this and Jane thinks she will be hiding not far away.

Jane and family are spending the night with friends. I had to open doors and windows upstairs and down to let the smoke out. It has gone now but there are pools of water everywhere the rain blew in. Good thing the dehumidifier arrived today, it is already earning its keep. My eyes, sinuses and throat are a bit sore from the fumes, thank goodness I got the dogs out before they could be affected. The house is now getting warm again, I have had a cup of tea, and the dogs are asleep by the fire.

I would like to order a very boring day for tomorrow please.

Edited by owl

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday Sam Page :flowers: :GroupHug:

It was the Rectory Christmas party last night, it's always very enjoyable but last night the vast majority of the conversation was about Robbie Williams :wacko: the rumours had been flying for a while around the village but those who knew were being very cagy which of course fueled the speculation, and then of course it got leaked to the papers so now the news is "out" that Robbie Williams is joining our parish :ohmy: I wonder if we'll be able to persuade him to come sing Angels for us :wub:

Id get a new lock for the church ablusions just in case.

My allergy is only to tobacco smoke, so this won't affect me any more than it would anyone else. There is some iced carrot cake in the cupboard which I had better eat to get rid of the nasty acrid taste :wink: I'm just glad that everyone got out and the fire didn't spread. I won't relax until I know that Pusspuss is safe though. She wasn't in the house, I asked the firemen to have a good look, and when Jane arrived she looked as well. The catflap is open for the cats to get back in.

Phebe :ohno02:

I'm so pleased everyone is okay, but how scarey :GroupHug:

I am now officially tired. I have yet another Christmas party tomorrow so a long day. We are unexpectedly busy tonight and the darts team (victorious away match) have just turned up rather worse for wear... :rolleyes:

I want to go to bed

Hope you all feel better in the morning Phebe :GroupHug: Have you got any Rescue Remedy Polly can have (though you have probably signed off by now).

It's so warm and cosy down here with the fire lit and the dogs around that I'm going to have a doze in the armchair rather than braving the cold upstairs just yet! Also we need to do last wee-wees of the night and it sounds horrid out there.