R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all :flowers:

Phebe, thank goodness no one was hurt and hope pusspuss turns up today

Chasta :ohmy: painting at this time of day, you put me to shame. Perhaps I should go and split an atom or two rather than loaf around drinking tea :laugh:

My forgotten replies for yesterday

Belated happy birthday Sam Page :flowers:

Mindy :GroupHug:

Morning Fugees :) We all had a good night, and yes I do have rescue remedy, always useful. The new dehumidifier is our friend :wub: It has slurped up all the damp out of the landing and stair carpets, and the tiled hall which was awash last night is bone dry. There is only a trace of moisture inside the upstairs windows instead of water streaming down, and the whole house is much warmer than usual even though the central heating isn't on yet. It's going to save me ££s on heating bills.

Still vile weather, but forecast says it will clear from West Wales in the afternoon.

Morning Fugees :) We all had a good night, and yes I do have rescue remedy, always useful. The new dehumidifier is our friend :wub: It has slurped up all the damp out of the landing and stair carpets, and the tiled hall which was awash last night is bone dry. There is only a trace of moisture inside the upstairs windows instead of water streaming down, and the whole house is much warmer than usual even though the central heating isn't on yet. It's going to save me ££s on heating bills.

I'm glad it's done the trick for you, you've reminded me that I need to dig mine out of the front room cos the condensation I'm getting at the moment is yak :flowers:

Just been looking for a photo and come across this one, it's amazing how that image can make me remember the exact context of that phot,o where I was standing, why Spot had to have his collar grabbed by Liam, very happy days :wub:

redelmo4.jpg

That's a lovely photo :wub:

RMF : I still can't pick Max up, have to ring back at 10 :(

Watching paint dry........ :wacko:

and drinking coffee :biggrin:

Well done, you are a shining example to us all. :laugh: I got up at 6.30, let the dogs out, and then we all went back to bed, in my case with tea and laptop.

Edited by owl

Horrid drive into work - the roads were badly flooded, even in places they don't usually flood. Was a bit scary at times, but at least it was early so wasn't too much traffic, just the idiot behind me who insisted on driving almost in my boot :angry:

Alex, hoping you get some good news soon :flowers:

Morning all :tired: :wacko:

I've read back over many pages, but I had more quotes than allowed, so please take :flowers: :laugh: :wub: and :GroupHug: as needed.

Belated Happy Birthday to Sam Page :)

Mindy, your DIL is vile. I'm sure though that the kids will remember this and walk as soon as they are old enough. Doesn't help you now though, does it? :GroupHug:

OMG Phebe, what a night! Gald you're all okay though and your house isn't damaged. Hope you'll be hearing from Pusspuss today.

Alex, a big :GroupHug: for your worries, hope you'll be able to pick Max up at 10.

We's gonna have a domestic day today, as I've got loads to do and I'm feeling positively sh!te :( The tube light (is that what you call one of them things that looks like a tube and gives light and is stuck on the ceiling?) in the kitchen has given up the ghost. It looks like a bloody club when I swich it on, so I cooked by the light of a little table lamp last night. Not good.

morning. I have problems with refuge being slow.

Thinking of Max loads :GroupHug:

Took the dogs out for a hour and a half of rain and mud.... they loved it. I think they flushed about a million sleepy pheasants ooooops, they did LOADS of running, you'd think they hadn't been let of the lead for weeks :rolleyes: but they are all asleep now, and I predict that they will let me sit here for a good while without hassling me for anything :wub:

I shall be making christmas cards today, as I gave all the ones I had made to Sam, and now I have none to send out to people/family :laugh: :rolleyes:

Pusspuss came home this morning :) All cats and hoomans are OK. Jane's sons are staying with friends and she is back home awaiting electrician before she can switch electric back on. I have provided tea and buckets of hot water, but it's not possible to do much of a cleanup until the electric is working again. Most of the smell has gone, the floor and most units will be salvageable, but the ceiling tiles have had it. Jane seems very cheerful considering. She is just so relieved that everyone is safe. It has stopped raining and is a very nice day, so she can air the place. Cats are very disgusted with the whole episode, they expect a better standard of service :rolleyes:

Pusspuss came home this morning :) All cats and hoomans are OK. Jane's sons are staying with friends and she is back home awaiting electrician before she can switch electric back on. I have provided tea and buckets of hot water, but it's not possible to do much of a cleanup until the electric is working again. Most of the smell has gone, the floor and most units will be salvageable, but the ceiling tiles have had it. Jane seems very cheerful considering. She is just so relieved that everyone is safe. It has stopped raining and is a very nice day, so she can air the place. Cats are very disgusted with the whole episode, they expect a better standard of service :rolleyes: