UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the photo Marion :flowers:

I forgot to mention we went to our local Christingle service this evening. Due to fire safety we're no longer allowed to have lit christingles inside the church. We were handed out battery powered candles which just wasnt the same.

:huh: I wonder exactly how many churches burned down *before* battery powered candles were introduced!

I miss my daughter being young at Christmas. At 15.5years old she has a serious case of Bah Humbug! :rolleyes: No idea where she gets it from! :laugh: I think I may be an embarrassment to her.

Just show her the inner child of you and show her you can be young forever as far as Christmas is concerned, I'm 50 next year but still manage to act like a child at Christmas :laugh:

a collie Marian?

or maybe a yorkie - they always go for poor Louie :rolleyes:

edited to say - well done Andrea :flowers:

:huh: I wonder exactly how many churches burned down *before* battery powered candles were introduced!

Well I went to Sunday school and was in the nativity play for a number of years and we never had an incident. Although tinsel and candles always used to make my mother nervous.

Edited by lil_angel

Just show her the inner child of you and show her you can be young forever as far as Christmas is concerned, I'm 50 next year but still manage to act like a child at Christmas :laugh:

I think thats where the embarrassment comes in. :laugh:

Safneo is the winner - yup he had a staffie but was still a breedist divot :(

Let me know where the tenner has to go

Not a surprise! :rolleyes: DNB ok please? Seems quite apt.

Big hugs :GroupHug: to all poorly fugees and their 4 legged companions.

My turkey is at the mid way point in it's roasting - just another 2 1/4 hours to go :wacko:

A ton of spuds have been peeled and sliced and are sitting in cold water in the pressure cooker which was the biggest pan I could find to hold them all, half a ton of Brussels sprouts are also peeled and sitting in water in another pot alongside them, a similar amount of carrots are in yet another pan - and thats just for 2 of us :wacko: in my defence thats for 2 days worth of meals as Boxing Day tradition is for bubble and squeak with cold meats so I have to make extra veg to make sure there are "left overs" for the bubble and squeak :rolleyes: :laugh: Once the turkey is finished I shall make the gravy base which needs to sit overnight and infuse with flavour then tomorrow all I'll need to do is thin it out a bit with the water from the sprouts and carrots. I have decided against doing cabbage and swede as well as sprouts once hubby pointed out the danger of gas explosions following those lethal combinations :laugh:

I hope they stop soon CT. :GroupHug:

I dont know whether to have another Baileys? I have had three already, but it is Christmas?? :unsure:

Make it a double and have 6 it is Christmas after all :laugh:

RMF: I am ridiculousy happy, I'm so sorry for peeps having a bad time :GroupHug: after the bad year I have had, the good feelings I have today outweigh them all, a best friend lost but found again, a son nearly lost, but happy today, munchkins nearly lost, but now not lost, a stepdaughter lost, but now found again, my Mum gone but my Dad closer to me than ever in my life :wub:

Apoligies for mushyness just wanted to share my happiness after all the sadness you have shared with me over the year :flowers: and without being able to share things here it would have been very difficult for me to have got through them, thankyou all :flowers:

Mushiness over, back to partying :biggrin:

Make it a double and have 6 it is Christmas after all :laugh:

RMF: I am ridiculousy happy, I'm so sorry for peeps having a bad time :GroupHug: after the bad year I have had, the good feelings I have today outweigh them all, a best friend lost but found again, a son nearly lost, but happy today, munchkins nearly lost, but now not lost, a stepdaughter lost, but now found again, my Mum gone but my Dad closer to me than ever in my life :wub:

Apoligies for mushyness just wanted to share my happiness after all the sadness you have shared with me over the year :flowers: and without being able to share things here it would have been very difficult for me to have got through them, thankyou all :flowers:

Mushiness over, back to partying :biggrin:

It is the season of sharing... that includes good news too. :flowers: I am very pleased you are feeling so happy. :biggrin:

Julia, nothing wrong with a bit of colour. :laugh: and I take it you dont like sprouts much? :laugh:

I will get up early tomorrow, but OH will probably beat me to it, to get the veg done. We have a turkey crown for him and my parents so it wont take too long to cook. Not sure what me and Lauren are having yet, probably falafel as not much else she will eat. :rolleyes:

I may just have another single Baileys. I do have to get up early. :rolleyes:

SB is there anything anyone here can do to help with 'ransom dog'? :unsure: