UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Please Send Positive Thoughts For Max

merledogs

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vet just rang with the results of the tests.

They did a Coombs (sp?) test to see if it was something to do with his immune system attacking itself, which would have been the least-bad option, but the test was negative :(

His red blood cells are non-regenerative, which means his bone marrow is not producing red blood cells, so they are going to take a bone marrow sample tomorrow which will have to be sent off to a lab so we won't get the results until Monday :(

He doesn't think it's Leukaemia. The most likely cause is a tumour attacking his bone marrow, which could either be dealt with in the short term by chemotherapy, or else his bone marrow has been turned into fibrous tissue, which would mean that there would be no treatment :mecry:

They are going to do the bone marrow aspiration in the morning and I should be able to collect him mid-afternoon to bring him home for the weekend. Because his immune system is so low he is very susceptible to infection, but because he is eating I can give him the drugs in his food.

More waiting :(

Vet just rang with the results of the tests.

They did a Coombs (sp?) test to see if it was something to do with his immune system attacking itself, which would have been the least-bad option, but the test was negative :(

His red blood cells are non-regenerative, which means his bone marrow is not producing red blood cells, so they are going to take a bone marrow sample tomorrow which will have to be sent off to a lab so we won't get the results until Monday :(

He doesn't think it's Leukaemia. The most likely cause is a tumour attacking his bone marrow, which could either be dealt with in the short term by chemotherapy, or else his bone marrow has been turned into fibrous tissue, which would mean that there would be no treatment :mecry:

They are going to do the bone marrow aspiration in the morning and I should be able to collect him mid-afternoon to bring him home for the weekend. Because his immune system is so low he is very susceptible to infection, but because he is eating I can give him the drugs in his food.

More waiting :(

:GroupHug: are you allowed to give him echinacea (sp?) or anything to help him fight off infection?

Alex, I just wish that I could find the words to make you feel better :GroupHug: but I guess the only person that has those words are the vet :flowers:

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend with your boy at home anyway and am still hoping beyond hope that the results come back with good news :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Edited by dirtychicken