UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Chicken Thread.

phoebejo

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh :mellow: You mean you wouldn't sit there, just for us? :unsure: :laugh:

You're quite welcome to come around and sit next to the incy in my bedroom if you like :laugh:

Ooooo and I've spoken to my breeder friend about what chicks and eggs she's got. Her new chicks are crossbreeds, I might bring home a Buff Orp/Wellsummer cross who apparently is very cute :wub:

I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens. I will not bring home any POL hens.

Blue egg still not hatched yet but is moving about in it's shell so hopefully it'll decide to join us today. Speckled egg has pipped. Noisy egg was indeed the green egg and that one is almost out of it's shell :partytime: I've been up since 6.30am watching it :rolleyes: So if I'm going to get three chicks from these eggs I'll not buy any chicks today, just the eggs. Green egg chick is quite a dark colour, I'm hoping it's an Araucana :wub:

:partytime: We are a Grandmother :partytime:

First little baby chick was born just before 11am this morning :wub: And not the one I was expecting :laugh: Blue egg & green egg still haven't hatched yet, this is the speckled egg that pipped first thing this morning. I noticed about 10am that it'd made another tiny pip and when I checked again at 10.50am it was almost out! It didn't waste any time at all! And we got to watch it all :biggrin: Blooming amazing! :pinkie: Green egg was almost out, and we were due to go out for lunch and to collect more eggs so we left them to it and assumed it'd be out by the time we got back but it's not yet. I know it's a dark coloured chick with a black beak because I've seen it yelling it's head off :laugh: Blue egg still chirping away too.

I've been and got 6 Light Sussex eggs and 6 mixed large fowl. I didn't bring home any chicks because I assumed by the end of the day I'd have three chicks.

I was wrong :wacko: In my absence two others have pipped! I thought they were dead! I really really wasn't expecting that at all! I'm going to have more chicks than I planned for :rolleyes: Seems a shame to waste these new eggs so I'll incubate them, probably start tomorrow night, and I'll have to build extra accomodation for them to live in in a few months time. All I've ever built is a money box in woodwork at school but I can't afford to buy another coop and run :laugh:

So let me introuduce ickle baby chick :wub:

Minutes after it was born:

DSC01938.jpg

And a few minutes ago with Daisy:

DSC01940.jpg

Humidity was down again so while putting more water in I took a few pics and checked on the other two eggs. One had pipped earlier but I can hear cheeping from both! OMG! 6 chicks! I can't believe it, it's a miracle!

A baby crow perhaps? It's from the green egg :wub:

DSC01949.jpg

It's got yellow bits on the end of it's wings:

DSC01948.jpg

Blue egg chick bottom left, brown egg chick next to it, this mornings yellow chick with baby crow at the top:

DSC01950.jpg

DSC01951.jpg