UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts Please For Little Sid Jrt

Fee

Can we have some good thoughts please for Little Sid. He is a 16 year old JRT who came to us as his elderly owner unable to care for him properly.

Sadly it very quickly became apparent when he arrived in his foster home that he is extremely frail and in very poor condition. In particular his teeth are in a terrible state and his gums are badly infected and very sore and swollen, and he has several infected lumps in his mouth. The poor little mite has obviously been in considerable pain for some time.

His foster carer took him to the vet today, and he's had pain relief and antibiotics. We are hoping that this will make him comfortable and he will pick up a bit over the next few days, otherwise the vet is advising that it may be kinder to let him go :mecry:

Despite all the change and stress and all the poking around at the vets he has been as good as gold, no attempt to snap or snarl even though he was obviously in pain. At home he just wants to snuggle on his duvet and have someone close by to give him a bit of fuss from time to time.

If he makes it through this week we will be looking for a very special person who can take him as an Oldies Club sponsor dog and give him the love and care he needs for however long he has left.

Little Sid :wub: :GroupHug:

LittleSid1.jpg

LittleSid2.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no :mecry: Please get better little Sid. I had the privilege of picking him up for the start of his journey on Sunday and he was just the sweetest little old guy. Thinking lots of positive get well thoughts for this darling little boy. Love you sweetheart :wub:

I met Sid on Sunday soon after he arrived with his foster mum and I also provided doggy de-luxe door to door taxi service in a soft warm donut when he visited the vet. He is an absolute heartbreaker :wub: . Despite the pain and discomfort he has been experiencing he can still manage a little tail wag, bless.....If I didn't have three oldies of my own I'd definitely be offering to scoop this little one up. He deserves a chance so healing thoughts are speeding to him from here.