UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Texas's Great Big Adventure

ceemage

The vet thinks that Texas' incessant scratching and licking may be some kind of infesting creature rather than the allergy we thought it might be. So we have some Stronghold to try. However the red nose that he had at first has all but disappearred into one small pink spot, and his coat has developed black stripes , and he now has a bandit mask, and a black tail. Tis all very strange.

But it does all mean he can go and play inthe long grass again.

Someone suggested that if this current idea doesnt pan out..... TT scratting due to minge.. and we go back to the allergy thing that we avoid £400 for tests and give TeddyT Pirotin ( ?)

Anyway I have a ctscan coming up to try and sort out my breathing problems ) and I might have to have the house cleaned of potential hazards like spores and mites and allergens. A man came around and told about us a machine that blasts everything with gas and Uv light and kills everything that small pretty quick . It also deodorises so should also deal with the aftermath of my diverticulitis amd TT's flatulence , and hence an end to us giving one another those accusative looks all of the time.

The other option is to actually move things around and poke about with vacuum cleaners and carpet shampooers, ( and get an internet bride to operate them , but I fear the memsahib might have something to say ))

The other option is to actually move things around and poke about with vacuum cleaners and carpet shampooers, ( and get an internet bride to operate them , but I fear the memsahib might have something to say ))

That's OK - the internet bride can do my house afterwards........ :wink:

Teddy Texas wasnt well last night. As usual he went up to bed around 6.00, and came down a couple of times for a quick check around , because it was Tripe day and sometimes there was MORE.

Eventually when I staggered up to join him he was well into Chewy but had the odd doze. I thought at first he had got a bit of Chewy stuck m when he started gasping and wretching. Any way he started running around coughing and such and eventually ended up in the living room, me following trying to think how t odo the Heinlich manouvre on a Staffy Cross-- sorry a Cross Staffy Cross.

He was sick.

Big chunky sick.. All of that could not have come out of such a small dog sick... Ekk I am leaving that til the morning sick.. I am glad I bought a big shovel yesterday for the litter picking sick.

"Teddy if you love me this will miraculously disappear"

But he was still choking so I decide I ought to investigate, fingers in mouth peering down throat and such. Poking around I get a big glob of semi liquid ....er stuff.

Its plastic and white. Only thing it can be is one of those little plastystyreney things Ebay people use for packing . I have noticed beforer that they are dangerously readily dissolvable in canine spit. I had thrown some out earlier but had thought I was careful ( TT had bounced on the plastic sacks in the hall)

Well after my discussion with the cleaning people I had been dithering about a carpet cleaner--- it arrives tomorrow ---.

TT believes in synchronicity.

I think we may be offering a car valet service as a prize in some rescue's auctions very soon !!!!!!!

I have put off the gas /uv thing until one of the plastics puts the limit up again.

I have to try and fit it in with the shop front cleaning that I am taking up... ( a week after TT arrived ..the world fell apart --household income disappearred so both he and me have to find ways of supporting ourslves and has he requires constant company there isnt a big choice...he is already doing better than me!!)

Today

Teddy texas

is bouncing about.

Puppy mode

But we are not speaking ; he has piddled in the stillroom twice.....because it was raining! I have put the gazebo up in front of the green house to give him a good cover, but he cannot do the gap between there and the back door---- a terrifying 5 foot journey for a dog that so dislikes rain ( water)

oooh and we have our first booking for valetting a van----one that smells of lots of different dogs---poor homeless ill fed pooches none of whom is as lucky as TT, as I keep telling him when he does a sniff examination of the van.

He just cops a deaf un!!

Ungrateful **********

Thanks I might try that ! Is it safe for humans and plants. I have to ask because bathing TT is an epic adventure, because of his dislike of getting wet. Two humans and half the garden get wet before anything touchs him. I have been alternating Tea tree oil all over with Ew5 anti=itch cream on the naked parts. This letter worked wonders when he had a real go at his chest.

From the website

Pet Mite Shampoo

Trials at Glasgow university show that Neem extract deals with over 90% of head lice and nits within 22 hrs. Mite shampoo not only takes care of lice but also treats skin problems. To date various pesticides have been used in many treatments some of which are highly toxic. Fredrick Institute of toxicology class Neem safer than honey. Ingredients:- Neem oil., Wood oils, citrus extracts, soap pod, arnica, liquorice and coconut oil.

They also do human products

If you have any worries give them a call or email them.

I havenot contacted them personally, but I have been told they are very approachable and helpful.

Well we all moved downstairs, while working around the house with the new toy of the carpetcleaning variety...wow it gets enoug muck out of the carpets to sell as compost, no matter how many times I do them.

Teddy Texas is quite happy to have his day bed in use as a night bed as it means so much more room, and daytime tv reception is a lot better. He is scratting a lot less, but i havent really done anything except the cleaning. Trouble is he has found the button that switches it off.

I cant find the camera again.

Teddy Texas was so good helping White Van Mum to clean the van he had a day out in Coventry. He likes to small all of the different dogs that have been in it , so its not much of a chore. White Van mum has the photos so they might be here tomorrow. She has put his name on the van . he is very chuffed.

On the way we wwent to the tip and TT climbed in the back while unloading not a good idea as he was harnessed in.

He went to the memorial park tried to make friends with a beagle boy who ignored him and shouted at a nice gril collies type ( ?) and got his long lead wrapped lots of trees. Then we went to the pet shop , the one he cant go in and tried to make friends with a puppy that just hid behind his mums legs and cowered, Then we went to B and Q because Daftdads is fixing the hole in the landing now that TT has removed the carpet , but not fallen through the hole. Somepeople said he was really handsome and had lovely colouring but they didnt try to stroke him, They once had a staffy cross so they know.

Then we all came home and Teddt Texas had Wainwrights Tripe and rice meat with Salmon and potato biscuits, which is his most favourite of all times, .

But then to really spoil a lovely day White Van Mum a nd Daftlad took TT into the garden and held him down , rubbed smelly stuff into him with a horrible big sponge thing and then made him wet, they are really horrid sometimes, but tdo like his fur when it is soft and silky.

And they cleaned the garden up a lot so that TT can now run around a proper safe hurtling at speed routes with jumps and nothing to knock over or break.photo.php?pid=532608&id=1052062064

Teddy Texas was so good helping White Van Mum to clean the van he had a day out in Coventry. He likes to small all of the different dogs that have been in it , so its not much of a chore. White Van mum has the photos so they might be here tomorrow. She has put his name on the van . he is very chuffed.

On the way we wwent to the tip and TT climbed in the back while unloading not a good idea as he was harnessed in.6080_1177324227237_1052062064_532610_8118401_n.jpg

He went to the memorial park tried to make friends with a beagle boy who ignored him and shouted at a nice gril collies type ( ?) and got his long lead wrapped lots of trees. Then we went to the pet shop , the one he cant go in and tried to make friends with a puppy that just hid behind his mums legs and cowered, Then we went to B and Q because Daftdads is fixing the hole in the landing now that TT has removed the carpet , but not fallen through the hole. Somepeople said he was really handsome and had lovely colouring but they didnt try to stroke him, They once had a staffy cross so they know.6080_1177324147235_1052062064_532608_4209702_n.jpg

Then we all came home and Teddt Texas had Wainwrights Tripe and rice meat with Salmon and potato biscuits, which is his most favourite of all times, .

But then to really spoil a lovely day White Van Mum a nd Daftlad took TT into the garden and held him down , rubbed smelly stuff into him with a horrible big sponge thing and then made him wet, they are really horrid sometimes, but tdo like his fur when it is soft and silky.6080_1177324187236_1052062064_532609_8044451_n.jpg

And they cleaned the garden up a lot so that TT can now run around a proper safe hurtling at speed routes with jumps and nothing to knock over or break6080_1177324147235_1052062064_532608_4209702_n.jpg