UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Texas's Great Big Adventure

ceemage

So many people, both here at The Refuge and elsewhere, have been so kind and helpful in getting Texas re-homed, that I wanted to start a thread here to keep you all updated on his progress. (And to stop keep bumping the old thread here when other dogs need attention too!) We have completed the home check for his new home, and are now sorting out the details of getting him down from the North East of England to his new home. More details to follow when we have them.

We have decided that it will be far better for me to collect Texas in person , and use a cage and a van.

If his exuberance and excitement can be overcome he may be allowed a lap and a view out of the window. I will not be driving.

If he cannot control himself, he will be banished to the cage and blanketted, but with a pig's ear and/or filled kong , as a bribe.

I feel that any control at this stage should be from myself. Its a very long trip though; I am lucky to have a close friend that is both so helpful and equipped.

Hopefully this will be on Sat 15th.

• 2 weeks later...

After our failed attempt to get Texas down to Birmingham by car, Lester was kind enough to arrange to come and collect him, accompanied by Jude and her van.

"What's that big white thing, then?"

TexNov1.jpg

"You want me to get in where?"

TexNov2.jpg

"Well, OK, but I need a stiff drinkie first."

TexNov3.jpg

One last look back at the kennels:

TexNov4.jpg

Safely installed and ready for the trip:

TexNov5.jpg

Presumed next comment: "Are we there yet?"