UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Texas's Great Big Adventure

ceemage

Yes he has; but has discovered that computers are nasty machines that stop people from devoting time to dogs. So a proper update will have wait until I get permission to take some time off.

The transporting went well , once we realised that we were dealing with a four legged furry canary------- quite happy to sit on peoples heads and sing in a very squeaky voice.

Today is quite a laid back little chap----when I am not on the computer.

Big thanks to everyone involved in making this happen-- we both really appreciate it.

More soon

Well , Its really hard to beleive that this laid back little gentleman is the same dog that chirruped and whined with a few maniacal outburste on the journey down.

We started off with him in the cage , while I sat next to him. The kong did work as a bribe , buthe proved to be very neat when "wommiting".

He was sliding around in cage, so a large cushion was offered; but this caused some kind of offence so had its corners ripped off. He calmed down a bit when allowed to play the game of walking in one door of the cage and out of the other, repeatedly . This however also required leaping onto my stomach and then into the box of foodstuffs, so didnt last long.

After a break we tried him in the front, as he seemed to have calmed down enough. Indeed he seemed to enjoy this and was quite good for a while. Sadly his offer to help with the driving was turned down and he decided to trow a temper tantrum , using the dashboard to try a daring leap over the seats into the back. His wish was granted and the last hour of the journey was done at some speed, with an some really awful anguished dog impressions coming from the rear. He gave the game away by the sudden silence every time we stopped at traffic lights.

But the change that has come over him is quite amazing . He is not phased by anything ( except travelling) and is overcoming his jealousy of the hissing machine ( computer) after several attempts t get my attention back by pulling a wheelchair down the room and throwing over the laundry basket. He enjoys laundry and bedding and upholstery when he gets excited ; but is quite happy to stop the destruction when asked.

He has a really bad coughing habit that start as soon as the lead goes on, but this is all sham. Now he is on a harness , it has gone and he walks very well, spritely and oblivious to anythnig that comes his way, although we have only done neighbours, cats ( completely blanked) motorbikes and buggies.

He likes mayonnaise on his chips please, Boursin but frightens me with pig's ears as he seems to want to swallow them whole. Oh and I think I have taught him that the only real cornish pasties are Ginsters. He has a very sift and well mannered " take"

he is not so bothered with toys, will play at pull for a few minutes , but then loses interest.

He mouthes a lot when excited but again will stop when told..

As he is glaring at me from his chair I will have to end this now.

Thank you all , for your good wishes.