UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Texas's Great Big Adventure

ceemage

It is great to see how well Teddy is doing.

When I think what he was like when I saw him at Cleadon Kennels.

Will have to tell them how well he is doing.

The thing that struck me and still shows in old pics and on the vid we took when we collected him is that head down faraway look, that s I called stir crazy; that he has now replaced with his " yes I can see you do but I would prefer to..." look.

I must nag him about sending christmas cards this year. His photos dont really show the major change in his looks, (apart from his podginess, tut) His coat has grown quite dark at the ends, mainly on his face, in the form of sideburns.

Perhaps I can get one of him in his new coat, when its finished. Or at the weekend as I have just realised what the date is. He is going to Ruff Luck rescue's christmas dog show in Nuneaton next Sunday. I think I might enter him in something for the experience maybe "Handsome Dog" as long as it only involves walking up and down and I can get him not to do synchronised gawping.

ooooooooo never heard of that breed, will have to google! whatever teddy is he is lovely and hit the jackpot with his new family :biggrin: i would love to know what my dog is crossed with but he is just one of lifes mysteries, i guess knowing breed traits can make things easier to understand :)

There are lots of wonderful pics, but most of the info is US. The original Article I came across is http://www.ehow.com/how_4832259_good-rat-terrier-owner.html

Its really quite amazing this could have been written about Teddy Texas, evry detail is so right ( except it doesnt mention botty burps , but I found out from some one else that hese are alsp typical as is the habit runing away from them.)

As I find out more about importing I am just wondering how many are out there , unidentified and in poor situations.Now that I know about them I think I spot one on every rescue page I go on to.

• 2 weeks later...

Teddy Texas refused to go out in the White Stuff. I dontthink he was very worried about the cold as he started to refuse before I even opened the door. I fear he may have some reservations about my nice new warm winter coat whic I had made to match his.....Tuff

• 2 weeks later...

TT wants to wish everyone a happy holiday and Christmas. He is happy that he has a Mummy for Christmas ( although would like on e all of the time, please)

He is not so happy that , at the last minute; daftlad is looking after a huge lady labrador and a 10 month old norty mastiff cross,(massive) who doesnt even do "no" let alone " sit".

Might be som epics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

21945_1288958458023_1052062064_853880_5371182_n.jpg Teddy Texas has a very thin coat and it is eay to get completely bare in place- scratching, shouldering doors open and even velcro on fastenings. Some od his American cousins are hairless! He is a lot happier now if he is wearing something comfy around the house; a loose fleece thing rather than a tight wooly or sill jim jams. His newish coat wasnt quite enough for the snow and he needed a " workaday" coat for scenting exercises so Daftlad made him a new coat to cover him . Its double layers but allows a quilted kapok extar cover to be slipped inside.

Here he is wearing the prototype, although he has another now with all of the rough bits and problems worked out. TT is always reluctant to come in now and plonks down as soon as he reallises its the homeward part, so has to be gulled with circuit routes. The snow has been helpful to identify some of his usual scent areas and we can now recognise heron, fox and rats as well as doggy mates from their tracks in the fresh snow. He love shis new coat and is a bit of a prat about taking it off whne ne comes in, running and hiding when he has to take it off.

We are limited to one walk a day at the moment , now thats it gone slippy underneath, TT thinks its great fun to use his dad as a human sledge to pull about but the old man is a bit worried about bruising his bum. So its circuits of the garden and playing " go find " in the house

Its perhaps coming up to the time when we can think about a new addition to the family. TT has very serious issues with being left, Its funny . If Dad leaves hin at home he just sleeps and doesnt even eat his junbone. but if Dad is oin the computer at the other end of the room ---oh dear.

So probably we ought to look for a new pal to join us, hopefully with the same interests as lordship , the same habits, manners and bossoness to stand up to his " discussion"

PS Daftlad bought far too much material so there are copies of TT's Latest fashion statements ie made to measure coats on RDR January Auction,

It sounds like he approves of his coat.

Not getting the dogs out is a pain. We have brilliant sunshine today, but with over a foot of frozen snow and a frozen road outside, despite being ploughed and gritted two or three times a day ( single track so cannot walk on it as there is nowhere to go if a vehicle comes)the dogs are getting bored, bored, bored- and so are we.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
29316_1391175173377_1052062064_1104763_2056141_n.jpgTo save somebody having to push the chair around the living to make sure TT is getting full Sun; he has had a chair put in the garden for the warmer days. He is waiting for the cushion. Edited by lester

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The adventure ends, but will not be forgotten for a very long time.

Teddy Texas, loving to the last when we snuggled this morning , has left us. From now on the universe will be commanded from else where. Those still here lament his leaving but rejoice in the changes that he started.