UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Texas's Great Big Adventure

ceemage

His version of catch-- I stand holding the ball, he takes from my hand , goes up the garden and drops it and then comes back while I go and get it.

Sorry, this really made me laugh, I have a dog who does this too :laugh:

What a character he's turning out to be, after four years in kennels it's wonderful to know he's home at last. We need LOTS of Texas updates, please :wub:

We have discovered how Texas likes to sleep and keep warm;;;;; having "lost " him one really cold morning last week.--- Burrowing.

Under the duvets until he is right in the middle and completely covered. There is the s distinct unwillingness to go or be put anywhere else. Should I try - he claims to need to go out. After 5 mins shivering holding the door open; I find he has shot back in and taking up my place in the bed. Smirking!

Now if I could get him to leave the covering behind when he gets up in the middle of the night ...!

Texas and his dad would like to wish all fugees a doggy christmas and a walky new year.

Texas is eating the Christmas card he has just got from a neighbour,he has had other presents from people he meets when he goes out. ( more than Dad) He will be having bambi burgers for his Christmas dinner because he turned his nose up at pheasant the other week

Dad is nursing a sprained foot having took a tumble in a hole in the garden---the girl labrador from next door having dug a tunnel under the fence.( its nice to hear that there are young ladies who take an interst in older men-- we shall both be having a bath for christmas!)

Texas is eating the Christmas card he has just got from a neighbour,he has had other presents from people he meets when he goes out. ( more than Dad)

It's true -- Oscar the Wonder Dog both (a) knows more people around here and (b) has more presents waiting for him under the tree than me.

Best Christmas wishes to both you and Texas. He'll be having a much better Christmas with you than the last few years!

Hello. Texas here. Now about this Chrsitmas thing.

Ok so there has been a bit of being ignored for times one end, too much being sent to bed and a lot of having to go in the garden on my own. And I am sure that on one occasion I was forgotten about. Dad has been sitting in my chair far far too often and it sometimes difficult to get him out of it.

But on the whole I think this Chritsmas goings on are a good thing.. Why was I not told about them before?

First of all we had a Mummy for Christmas. Now I cant remember how the saying goes, but is that right.

We have had this one before because I recognise the smell ( its mostly cat, mostly) I think it is the one that brought me here.

She was not a very happy Mummy , because of my Giant Hairy Ironfoot sister ( who I hadn't met yet)has gotten poorly and joined the Ghost Riders. I have never met an ironfoot but the Collies that were loved here before me used to have a nice game with them. The Collie stands under the Ironfoot and It tries to tred on the Collie. If the Collies doesnt get trod on, it gets to go and get a prize that the ironfoot has left in a big pile of steaming straw. So I am told.

Any way ,we had to keep her cheered up. This meant Dad spending a lot of time in my bedroom with the big fire box. I think its a ritual offering thing, lots of banging of metal, all kinds of smells from different things being burned and lots of words that I have never heard before. Texas kept out of the way. It must have been very thirsty work because to take a lot liquids and in the end he was quite tired and wobbling about a lot.

Mummy took Texas for a really long walk, and we saw a Neron and a Neagle but not a Notter and I saw real fish but could not have one because it was the Neron's breakfast.

Mummy bought me a collar that flashes lights. What with the blue one and the red one already I dont want to look like a panda crossing so I managed to lose part of the blue one. Now the skateboarders have stopped shouting "Nana nana nan" at me.

She also had a really nice box of chocolates, that she offered around. Sadly I was bit clumsy taking one and knocked them all onto the floor, and we all had to have a wrestling match.

Dad and me now have a new game it is called " Darned dog rugby". If I jump on his lap while he he staring into the shiny box thing; he will pick me up run the length of the and then fall on the sofa, this is great fun , but Dad can only do it a couple of times because he is not rubber like texas and may have to go to the tha Humans vet

Did you know that humans can take there own teeth out and lick them? I am now called Teddy because some people cannot say Texas with out teeth. I think I will combine them Teddy Texas , but not Teddy Texas Tinklebell that some said over the weekend!!!

Dad has showed me a new game today it is called Yousilly dog. He has put a lot of things up in the garden so that he can round around them and jump over. I thought I had better join in to humour him a bit. But I had better do it in a different direct or go under instead of over, so that he doesnt think I am trying to steal his game. With it being so cold out , we sometimes only go walkie a couple of times a day, and he needs to keep up the exercise.

Woof woof for now, Teddy Texas

Dad and me now have a new game it is called " Darned dog rugby". If I jump on his lap while he he staring into the shiny box thing; he will pick me up run the length of the and then fall on the sofa, this is great fun

Sounds as if Teddy Texas is definitely getting Daddy well-trained!

Hmm probably the matching balaclavas!

He is very keen on his creature comforts but doesnt like the cold at all. Getting coats to fit his shape has been difficult especially to wear with a harness. He still coughs if you so much as look at his collar. It been a case of moving and resewing straps and adding better velcro , but he still gets home modelling a decolletage style.

I have sent for some material and oiled up the sewing machine, so maybe something made to measure may work , at least stay on him..

We had fireworks outside the other night , until the police appearred. Poor man, he was climbing the walls; so I am not looking forward to tonight.

Well we got through it. almost ;but had a big falling out. His circuit of the room-- computer top to inside organ,behind curtains and failing to get to the mantlepiece , just got too fast and bositerous for his own safety so we had to resort to the choke chain to keep him in one spot and try and get him calm. This worked , but mainky because the firework show hereabouts was a bit more muted than usual. ( probably getting too costly)

This morning he had forgiven me!

• 2 weeks later...

Well . His lordship is going to have a little operation next week.

He has been blotting his copy book a bit over the last two weeks.

We keep bumping into "people who know better than me" , usually with their own dog off the lead despite attempts to go the other way, stay still till they passed or hide in the shrubbery

Now I have never been the kind of person that others listen too, which is a bit of a disadvantage.

So when I say things like " well he went for you yesterday , I think he might again today." it doesnt really hold much sway with the experts.

" He will bite you!" " It will hurt " " and "Dont do that" dont seem to be in some peoples language.

Telling me that he is over protective of me , is not reall the answer...... b888ering off might be.

I must admit that one of the incident really threw me as well. A neighbour removed the glass from her window to allow access for a new sofa. So when instead of the usual kitten playing pattacake with us on the glass--- a complete human being materialised through where the glass should have been, and patting him on the head took us both by surprise ( well i think the word is " shock,,,, "faint" is also useful) so am not surprised he snapped out.

We are also getting a good mix of things he dislikes or he finds aggravating..... smell of beer, heat bitches and that strong sickly smell of that illegal substance that pervades most of Birmingham and many people these days ( texas thinks its a good idea to bark at doors)

When one or all of these is mixed with the handing poking expertise already mentioned---it surprising that its not me that is sinking teeth into people , but then with a loose crown costing over a £100 to replace , maybe a good thing

Rant over.