UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Texas's Great Big Adventure

ceemage

Well there is a limit to the number of potential dog asleep in chair poses, So here's an outside one. I am outside taking the photo through the window, waiting for him to return from chasing around the frozen garden.

When he didnt return after being called I notice a movement and managed to grab the camera.

I had been out there for ten minutes. He must have done an emergency reverse on the doorstep.window.jpg

Teddy Texas goes to the vet on Friday,courtesy of the white van lady. This was booked before the recent collapse of the garden fence, weakened by weeks of labrador bitch mining, it finally gave in to a freak gust of wind in the others night's storm.

On Saturday Teddy Texas will leave his pawprints for prosperity by walking across some freshly laid concrete ordered especially for the event ( also, by sheer coincidence, holding up the new fence.)

Teddy Texas has attempted to influence events by stealing and hiding Dad's spectacles; but we will not be beaten.

Wow three days without spectacles ! i dont want to go through that again. It made work really difficult (I am doing voluntary work helping young people redundered from Woolworths, with their technical queries----)

The glasses were in my cardigan ..... not the pocket...which I think was very clever.

Teddy Texas is most unhappy at the lack of walks.

On Friday I got someone to send off to Robinsons for a next day delivery of a halti and a muzzle. Today I received a puppy frisbee and size 12 coat and a split deoderant spray from Dogs Online.

I did says that not a lot of people listen to me, but its the ones that have a special " cant be arsed" section of their life that I find really annoying.

Thank you, so kind,

I should have pointed out . Since I had my cataracts done I have only needed glasses for the computer and reading. and cooking for people,and looking at myself in the mirror

Fortunately I have no special glasses required to .....open dog food , take dogs for very long walks ( if they behave), open doors for dogs, handing out treats for dogs, finding dogs favourite tv programme, clearing up after dogs, sitting and admiring dogs.

But I have been unable to finish sewing a new dog coat.

Sadly some of those made redundant have an important role in life......taking care of a grumpy old man and his grumpy dog, both of whom do not hold with this nonsense about not being a " burden".

But they are a lot more growed up than many I am helping. Its quite a shame really.

Update . Teddy Texas is no longer one of the lads, as of Friday, the same day that Honey next door came into season and her humans went away for a few days; leaving her on her , but to be " looked in on " as possible.

This is a most distressing time . The only enlightenment was than chance to be a superhero.....whizzing around the house at speed. is it a bird ? is It a plane? no its BLUNDERPIG!!!!

wearing a huge plastic hat is great fun , the secret is to catch it on everything that you possibly can and knock it over, Its particularly fun when applied to the back of human legs, at speed and for pinning their heads to the pillow. in the middle of the night. Fashion wise it should be worn while sporting a "hard done to ,expression " with sad eyes.

Sadly after 4 days there is nothing further to destroy.

Latest . Teddy texas is a true wuss, he is afraid of eggs. Quite happy to take them softly from you , but when the drop and break they turn into the spwan of hell with such a terrible crack of doom. It is best if they are run away from asap and a bit of panic leaping on chair backs in another room is called for.

Teddy Texas passed a milestone today. He was left alone with the free run of the house ( well the parts that thehumans can get at anyway) and he was very good . No food stuff stolen. No paw prints on the breadboard. Nothing taken from the dishwasher , even when there was lasagne traces in one dish. And no little tinkles or presenst evenwhere it is tolerated in an emergency.

Wow.

Ok so this might partly to do with his disinterest in leaping on to things or people , because of his stitches.

But it is good to know that he can behave, we just have to get him to do so while I am there supervising him; or maybe I should just move out.

Housetraining does have its ups and downs but I have now started a pad and tray system, and it is quite promising. I may have to build a leanto, or large kennel outside the back door though as the major bugbear is the weather.

He is a very cold dog he can spend ten minutes in the morning making his mind up and if he thinks it warmer he will go back to bed ( but not allowing me)

Ths can be a bit of a bind on walks. But if its really frosty and a very cold wind we have two layers, with his pink pyjamas, now split up the front; although these do move around and drag in the mud. ( yes he went to the woods and came back with his underwear in his pocket! tut). But we now know th elinit of the walk he can manage ( and then sleep the rest of the day and night...both of us)

I am starting to seek remedies and advice to approach some of his compulsion , mainly the contstant licking of bedding , furniture and parts of people.

We may be having an emergency visitor overnight , although he will be crated and kept in another room and I dont anticipate introducing him to Teddy Texas. But It will be interesting first step to seeing how he feels about other fosters.

He sends every one a big sloppy

Thanks. He suddenly got up just after 8;hoovered out the food I put next to his bed and then went out and demanded his tea, wolfing the lot.

Then he had the audacity to go back to his duvet by the fire and expected the mollycoddling to continue.

I will try and get a pic or up later today.

• 2 weeks later...

snow no way

This is Teddy Texas' snow pic. Sorry but that th enearest he is going.

He is still very depressed and really feels the cold , is still feeling a little delicate and tender behind, but he is eating anything that is hand fed in small portions , but no roughage . This may be a dislike of the Burns.

He is still reluctant about walks , although we got a longish one in on the canal in the sunshine on Saturday.

We had an outbreakof the waggies when I came back from Asda.

We are taking it all very easy.