UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

In Honour Of A Very Special Cat...

dirtychicken

Five and a half years ago we went to Bristol Dogs Home looking for a kitten. However, Jacob fell in love with the most battered looking, 6 year old tom cat you've ever seen :rolleyes: The poor fella has been found in a coal shed with his front leg trapped in his collar up to his shoulder so had a gaping great wound in his armpit :( When we first met him he still had a third of his fur missing, a protruding chunk of furry skin in his armpit (he still has this :wub: ), a very large buster collar on and ripped ears. But he still yelled at the top of his lungs when he saw us and pushed his face right up against the glass, before trying to fit his whole body through a 1cm gap :rolleyes: The assistant took him out of his kennel and put him in Jacob's arms. Fate had stepped in to thwart our kitten plan :wub: Jacob and Kevin looked into each other's eyes and it was true love. Kevin covered Jacob's face in kisses and I rushed off to reception to place a reservation. 3 days later he came home :wub: He didn't leave Jacob's side from the minute he arrived, and he is still his very favourite person now, despite the arrival of 3 more cats and seeing many dogs come and go :wub:

Kevin is a very grumpy old man these days and has had so many different health problems over the years. Lately, his age has been estimated at about 4 years more than we thought at the time and he is deteriorating quickly :mecry: He spends his life on the stairs screaming for food and trying to trip anyone who dares to try and pass him or swats at random heads as they pass by the bannister - still causing trouble :rolleyes:

As things are looking not great for our grand old man at the moment, I thought that you might like to share some of the photos that we have in our collection of him :wub:

First day at home (Will there be food here?)

Kevins1stDay.jpg

With Jacob (I'll let you rub my cheek, then you bring me food?)

Myotherboys.jpg

With Summer (She eats half my food!)

kitties2.jpg

Chunky monkey! (I have room for more food)

KevBelly.jpg

Hiding in the igloo bed (There is no food in here)

KevinBed.jpg

Trying to kill the camera strap (Is that food? It looks like spaghetti! I get it with my biiiiiig claws)

Kev160807.jpg

Bravely strutting past Bear (Stoopid dog can't get me food)

Kev1.jpg

Hogging the new radiator bed (Food comes soon)

Kev0108.jpg

Hogging Flora's bed and bone! (Smells like food!)

DSCF6614.jpg

Hogging the laptop! (Fed up with waiting - I will order my own food)

DSCF6611.jpg

Sit-in protest (WAKE UP AND GET ME FOOD)

DSCF2287.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic