UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Strictly Come Dancing

merledogs

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John puts me in mind of a mobile Toby Jug! (younger people probably won't know what I'm talking about :laugh: ). I don't know how he has the nerve to sit smiling with the other dancers, when he probably knows that they are fuming about the fact that another one of them will be chucked out next week, despite putting in more hours than he ever does learning their dances, just because Joe Public finds him amusing. Maybe Brendan could trip him down the stairs? put tacks in his shoes? superglue him to the floor? just a few thoughts......

Sadly I think the more fuss there is the more people will keep voting for him :( It is so unfair :angry:

The only hope is if he injures himself, but as he rarely gets out of a walk that probably isn't likely, perhaps someone could tamper with the chair he seems to spend most of his time in at training :rolleyes:

He can't help it if people keep voting for him to stay in bless him. If he left he would pee people off that have spent their money phoning in for him. So either way he can't win. If no fuss is made then people wouldn't be so quick to vote for him. It's the typical British way of doing things. We always support the under dog. Any time one of the judges on this type of programme keeps criticising someone who isn't that good the British public go that bit further to keep them in.

Have to say I think John is just dreadful :( I tend to record Strictly on Sky Plus and watch it on a Sunday and I always fast forward through John's dance as I just think its so dull - I'm really baffled to see what people find entertaining about him - he just kind of shuffles round the floor in the same way each week :unsure:

I agree that its not his fault that people keep voting for him but I'm wondering why on earth they do as I just don't get what people find entertaining about his routines.

I actually really enjoy watching people like Lisa and Cherie and think its a real shame that one of them had to go last night and we're forced to watch John for yet another week :(

Edited to add: I'd have to disagree that the show is a 'popularity' contest - surely its about the dancing? (or is meant to be least). In previous years its always usually the best dancers that have won?

Edited by Tempest

Edited to add: I'd have to disagree that the show is a 'popularity' contest - surely its about the dancing? (or is meant to be least). In previous years its always usually the best dancers that have won?
The judges scores are for the technical side of the dancing. Ie the steps etc. The public vote is more to do with the popularity factor. Even if the celeb dancer was fan-blinking-tastic, if they weren't a nice person in either the practice VT, backstage or in 'real' life, they simply wouldn't get the votes.
I actually really enjoy watching people like Lisa and Cherie and think its a real shame that one of them had to go last night and we're forced to watch John for yet another week :(
But neither are fantastic either! So it must have something to do with the 'person'! See popularity :wink:

In saying that though, the GBP will come to it's senses and see the best dancer win! :)

The first programme had Chris Parker from Eastenders who was awful - even worse than John - and he got to the Final if I recall correctly?

The first programme had Chris Parker from Eastenders who was awful - even worse than John - and he got to the Final if I recall correctly?

Think that was the 1st time we watched it and he was terrible :ohmy:

It's an entertainment program and the people who are voting are obviously finding John entertaining (+ it's also one in the eye towards the judges) therefore he stays.

I think if the public is just voting as a popularity contest though then what's the point of them even learning to dance? They might as well just turn it into some kind of celebrity Big Brother or that thing in the jungle or just some kind of general celebrity show :unsure:

I think if the public is just voting as a popularity contest though then what's the point of them even learning to dance? They might as well just turn it into some kind of celebrity Big Brother or that thing in the jungle or just some kind of general celebrity show :unsure:

Agree entirely. Apparently there are various stupid DJ's whipping up their listeners and urging them all to vote for John Sergeant with the sole intention of ruining the show :grrr: I love Strictly but having to watch a very smug John Sergeant shuffling around is not my idea of entertainment and definitely not dancing!