UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Welcome To My House.....

ClazUK

Forgive the utterly self indulgent thread but today is the first year anniversary of buying my house.

Last year was a very tough year for me – I split with my husband of 26 years but we had to continue living and working together until we sold our business. On top of that I was quite poorly and had to have a fairly major operation.

So August last year saw me newly divorced, homeless, ill, jobless, unable to afford to move back to Reading (‘home’) and no real idea what I wanted to do or where I wanted to live. I literally got a map out and looked at the people important to me and where was central to them all. Northampton jumped out and I could afford to live there.

Several house viewings and one gazumping later, I found my house. A modest little semi but it would be mine. I’d never lived alone in my life, let alone bought a house, arranged surveys and solicitors and the like. But I did it, and I picked up the keys on 14th August 2007.

Most of making it home was just deciding what I wanted where, what things looked nice together. The thing I’m most proud of, though, is the conservatory, which I researched, costed, chose and fitted out. I’m really pleased with my extra room and can’t wait until it looks out onto my new garden, which I hope will be finished by this time next year.

Thanks have to go to Marian, Chris & Gill who were on the doorstep when I most needed them. And to everyone else who held my hand or lent a hand :flowers:

So welcome to my house, click my photo to come in and please make yourself at home......

th_2007_0715Claire0013-1.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe its a year already! Such a difference this year has made in your life....now you have your new home, new man, and better health than you've had for ages...congratulations on all of it Claire! (I'm very jealous of that conservatory, its gorgeous :wub: )