UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Money Saving Fugees

Peachy

We have jacket potatoes - I have mine with a bit of butter (substitute with marg) and some pesto and then some salad - yummy :biggrin: Rob has his with baked beans :sick01: and sometimes a bit of cheese grated over the top. Nice and filling, easy to make and not very expensive.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn off computer, tv etc at night instead of leaving in stand by.

I had a leaflet come with my electricity statement the other week and it taught me a thing or 2.

Visit the freebie websites. It is surprising what you can get from there.

Beware though, make sure you set up an "alias" email account to use only for that otherwise you get so many rubbish emails its untrue. Been there :rolleyes:

Kazz xx

No I don't give her marrow bones - experience has shown that (for her) the marrow is just too rich and she ends up with a very runny bottom, even with just a small amount, and that makes her anal glands

Paul got Roar-ee one of these (well several actually and stuck em in the freezer). Roar-ee chomped away at if for ages..... and then threw up :rolleyes: Freezer still full of em :rolleyes:

Paul got Roar-ee one of these (well several actually and stuck em in the freezer). Roar-ee chomped away at if for ages..... and then threw up :rolleyes: Freezer still full of em :rolleyes:

Get him used to them slowly - just let him have one for 20-30 minutes at a time :flowers:

Our local Co-Op reduces lots of items to 10p each at about 8.30pm, including the fresh baked breads that haven't sold that day and masses of veg and salad stuff. I got brocolli, a pack of French beans, a pre-washed bag of salad leaves, a box of huge peaches, a big bunch of bananas, a tub of coleslaw, two quiches and a french stick loaf last night all for 90p! Oh, and a bag of sausage rolls which the dogs lover as a treat for another 10p! The friut isn't even fully ripe yet! Ate the brocolli for lunch and will have salad for evening meal later, beans tomorrow and have been picking at the bananas already too, Bread made salad rolls for me and visitors last night with some fresh boiled eggs from the chickens.

The other day I had some lovely white cod pieces, fresh packs of prawns, cherry tomatoes and goodness knows what else, again for 10p per item.

Edited by AlTRPD

Not sure if we've had this one...

Instead of joining a gym, excercise at home/outside.

I used to spend a lot on gym fees and more on parking and petrol to get there. Now I go jogging, and I've got a set of weights and an excercise bike at home, plus a few DVDs for if I get bored.

Plus I can multi-task by taking a dog with me when I jog :)

Local farmers/smallholders - buy direct! We have half a pig and half a lamb in our freezer (well less now as the OH has been munching his way through them). The lamb cost £60 and the pig £50. There are 100's of meals there and an extremely cost effective way of buying meet. It comes ready butchered and because it's very local (sheep in next field to me and pigs 1/4 mile away) I know what quality of life they have had and it's been very good. I could do likewise with the chicken if I didn't have my own.

anyone know of a farm near Harlow that sells it at that price please?

My buildings and contents insurance remindeer came through the post, quoting £400.00

A few minutes online, and its down to £210.00

A nice saving, as I frequently dont get new quotes.

Similar here. Renewal notice form Chuchill for my car insurance, telling me it will automatically be renewed, no need for me to do anything. £367. 2 minutes of price comparison site, same cover but with swift £222.

Similar here. Renewal notice form Chuchill for my car insurance, telling me it will automatically be renewed, no need for me to do anything. £367. 2 minutes of price comparison site, same cover but with swift £222.

I saved myself £120 by switching from Churchill for my car insurance. :)

• 1 month later...